• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Outline of Dave Palumbo's Diet For Cutting

I love how the calorie counting, IIFYM people say ohhhhh it doesn't make a difference - well yes it does and for what your doing it makes even more difference!

Example - train in the morning "fasted"/empty stomach - go do cardio and burn 200 calories etc - why the hell would you eat before that and fuel the cardio your about to do - i.e you eat 250 cals before cardio and you only burn 200 - so your + 50 cals - what was the point of doing cardio then?

Surprising the people that follow fads like IIFYM preach it doesn't make a difference when your whole thing is based around calorie intake - i.e you do cardio fast - burn 200 calories - would that mean you could eat an extra (lets say) 150 calories of something and your still in the negative.

What's surprising is that someone of your experience still doesn't get it...

I often wonder if your just trolling with these posts for the lols..

I love how the calorie counting, IIFYM people say ohhhhh it doesn't make a difference - well yes it does and for what your doing it makes even more difference!

Example - train in the morning "fasted"/empty stomach - go do cardio and burn 200 calories etc - why the hell would you eat before that and fuel the cardio your about to do - i.e you eat 250 cals before cardio and you only burn 200 - so your + 50 cals - what was the point of doing cardio then?

Surprising the people that follow fads like IIFYM preach it doesn't make a difference when your whole thing is based around calorie intake - i.e you do cardio fast - burn 200 calories - would that mean you could eat an extra (lets say) 150 calories of something and your still in the negative.

For body recomp it doesnt make a difference, for performance thats another question

Considering the average digestion times for food, and then for it to be assimilated by the body into nutrients to be used in actual energy expenditure at a given time would be in the time frame of hours. So you could eat a huge burger 30min before cardio and not one bit of it would be used to fuel your cardio session. The only thing it might do is make you sick

The idea of fasting before cardio has been myth busted some time ago. But this, and many other old school ways of thinking that science has proven to be incorrect, still has people believing in them for some strange reason.

Maybe it's just lazy people preferring to walk for 2hrs than do 20min of HIIT and reap all the extra benefits the current literature and science reinforces.

You guys are vastly overthinking this
Of course fasted cardio will cause a bigger deficit than if you ate the meal before you did the cardio
Don't be stupid

If you eat the same calories with the same exercise you will have the same deficit.

One of the studies Oni put up even said that fat oxidation was the same between the fasted and the carbohydrate group. Lol. Good one.

Considering the average digestion times for food, and then for it to be assimilated by the body into nutrients to be used in actual energy expenditure at a given time would be in the time frame of hours. So you could eat a huge burger 30min before cardio and not one bit of it would be used to fuel your cardio session. The only thing it might do is make you sick

The idea of fasting before cardio has been myth busted some time ago. But this, and many other old school ways of thinking that science has proven to be incorrect, still has people believing in them for some strange reason.

Maybe it's just lazy people preferring to walk for 2hrs than do 20min of HIIT and reap all the extra benefits the current literature and science reinforces.

This^^^

I know I hate when people do this but where is the scientific evidence to support this? (I am not asking to prove you wrong I am honestly interested in reading)?

I guess people still believe in them because a huge % of people still/do get results from the "bro-science/old-school" ways - sometimes you have to think what is more important 'Science' V 'in the gym results' when it come to training?

I know I hate when people do this but where is the scientific evidence to support this? (I am not asking to prove you wrong I am honestly interested in reading)?

I guess people still believe in them because a huge % of people still/do get results from the "bro-science/old-school" ways - sometimes you have to think what is more important 'Science' V 'in the gym results' when it come to training?

If the results can be measured its science.

If its anecdotes that never stack up then its bro science.

If the results can be measured its science.

If its anecdotes that never stack up then its bro science.

That's a very non-answer answer that doesn't even make sense....

What would you consider or an example of an anecdote that is bro science that people have stopped using because it simply does not work?

You have to remember there are a whole host of things that will never be scientifically purely due to it serving no purpose to back them - that doesn't mean they don't work.....and it doesn't mean the things that happen to be scientifically back are the only things that work.

That's a very non-answer answer that doesn't even make sense....

What would you consider or an example of an anecdote that is bro science that people have stopped using because it simply does not work?

You have to remember there are a whole host of things that will never be scientifically purely due to it serving no purpose to back them - that doesn't mean they don't work.....and it doesn't mean the things that happen to be scientifically back are the only things that work.

If the effect can be measured its scientific.

most of the science of today cannot be repeated... yet its claimed as such

Yea there is a lot of "science" going around - you wonder where this takes place.....

When it comes to training nothing will ever replace training hard and eating the best food you can for your goal - no science needed - simply common sense and some drive!

Yea there is a lot of "science" going around - you wonder where this takes place.....

When it comes to training nothing will ever replace training hard and eating the best food you can for your goal - no science needed - simply common sense and some drive!

Bullshit. You keep trying to disregard science. If there is an effect there that can be measured and its repeatable, its science.

If you eat the same calories with the same exercise you will have the same deficit.

One of the studies Oni put up even said that fat oxidation was the same between the fasted and the carbohydrate group. Lol. Good one.

Bazza you need to think outside the box here
Look at all the benefits of fasted training
This means you can have a lower deficit with the same recovery as a higher deficit

It's not hard to figure this shit out. You need to actually sit down and think about these things instead of blurting out the first thing that comes into your head

We have several studies that show increased performance with the same amount of calories. So with lower calories you'll get the same performance

I have to laugh on this forum sometimes, almost all of the so-called bro science has come about from people trying it or previous body builders doing it and getting results from it, just listen to the advice from someone like Tony Doherty or Charles Glass etc etc, still claim old school ways which many on hear would be claiming bullshit bro science as there is no scientific study to prove or disprove this

Reactions: 0ni