• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which machines are necessary in your workout routine?

Ensure you give them a fake number when they inevitably ask for it. I'd just go in and check it out before devising a plan. They may not have things you'd like or may have things you wouldn't have thought of

I stupidly already gave them my real number ...

I've already checked it out. There are lots and lots of machines, many of which are of kinds I've never seen before (I haven't been in a gym for more than 10 years), so I'll probably have to ask about them, and look a bit like an idiot.

The place was very crowded with the machines - so much so, that it could be quite dangerous walking among them, if you're not really careful about where you put your feet.

On the other hand, it had almost no people (at the time I went, which was about 3pm on a weekday). There was one really big dude, who seemed to be doing nothing - he's probably paid to hang around and look good - and a couple of people who may have been staff or trainers, sort of playing with some machines, and talking to each other. No actual working out was obviously in progress.

GHD, calf raise, cable row. I'm moving to a gym without cable rows or a calf raise machine available over the next couple weeks, so I'm gonna have to get proficient at barbell rows and make do with 1-legged DB calf raises.

I stupidly already gave them my real number ...

I've already checked it out. There are lots and lots of machines, many of which are of kinds I've never seen before (I haven't been in a gym for more than 10 years), so I'll probably have to ask about them, and look a bit like an idiot.

The place was very crowded with the machines - so much so, that it could be quite dangerous walking among them, if you're not really careful about where you put your feet.

On the other hand, it had almost no people (at the time I went, which was about 3pm on a weekday). There was one really big dude, who seemed to be doing nothing - he's probably paid to hang around and look good - and a couple of people who may have been staff or trainers, sort of playing with some machines, and talking to each other. No actual working out was obviously in progress.

I would just use the time to smash all the machines, try them out and go hard, that's what I do when I get away from my home gym and like when staying with family and I go to a normal gym to train. Or when I work away from home which rarely happens now.

Just go crazy, it will confuse the hell out of your body and make you hell sore for about two weeks, so should be worth the effort, then return home have a day off and get back into your normal training routine.

PS have plenty of protein, to get the most out of it:)

Only machine I use in my garage gym is an electric fan. Stupid old school metal blade fan has taken more blood than my deadlift bar.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk