• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

iamwilso

So since I'm a fat kunce and now have started the AusBB 90 day challenge I've been watching my foods a little more. I'm tracking on mfp but I'm not getting enough cals in (apparently). Am I eating too little or logging wrong? I'm getting upto 1700cal without taking the cals I've burned into the equation. Even with a big bowl of ice cream Im still short on cals. But not hungry

I'm 96kg, 186cm tall
Exercise wise I'm,
Walking 1hr every morning,
Doing ptc beginners programme 3x a week.

My diet for the last few days has been:
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce.

Lunch- 1 large chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 a cucumber, 1/2 cup capsicum, 6 cherrie tomatoes, red onion.

Dinner- chilli con carne (roughly 400g), 11/2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup cheese, 3x spicey chicken wings.

Snacking on almonds and drinking shit loads of water.

1700 is probably about right
ditch the ice cream for more meat though, once a week as a treat is fine just not the whole tub
you'll get lean very fast, keep us updated

1700 is probably about right
ditch the ice cream for more meat though, once a week as a treat is fine just not the whole tub
you'll get lean very fast, keep us updated

Thanks Oni, threw the ice cream in there as that's the usual recommended way of reaching target cals.

When I factor in cals burned say 300cal that then drops my intake to 1400 cal or do I not need to eat those cals back?

Thanks Oni, threw the ice cream in there as that's the usual recommended way of reaching target cals.

When I factor in cals burned say 300cal that then drops my intake to 1400 cal or do I not need to eat those cals back?

Personally I would drop calories 2 days of the week, then drop on another day each time fat loss stalls.

If you drop 250kcal for every day, that's a whole 1750kcal a week.
But two days, that's just a 500kcal weekly reduction.
You you could easily just drop 70kcal from each day, same result, but that makes measuring hard and very trivial. So I'll drop calories on one day at a time while typically overeating on my cheat day even more. But I'd keep the cheat day to 2-3 hours until in the single digits and avoid sugars

If you drop 250kcal for every day, that's a whole 1750kcal a week.
1750cal, but only 230grams weight loss per week...

if short on cals but not hungry, you're either not short of cals,
or not short enough to make you hungry.

double check your cal intake for a day by hand, see if it matches MFP... count all your snacks

2-3hr cheat day? overthinking much?

just be consistent, both with intake and counting. don't make it complicated :p

1700.. what is your maintenance cals? if you don7t know yet, just track food, exercise cals and weight for a few weeks, you'll figure it out quickly (ignoring first kg or 2 or water loss)

how fast do you want to lose? 500g/week? 1kg/week?
a big fella might already be 1000cal deficit on 1700 a day = close to 1kg a week..

Last edited:
1750cal, but only 230grams weight loss per week...

if short on cals but not hungry, you're either not short of cals,
or not short enough to make you hungry.

double check your cal intake for a day by hand, see if it matches MFP... count all your snacks

2-3hr cheat day? overthinking much?

just be consistent, both with intake and counting. don't make it complicated :p

1700.. what is your maintenance cals? if you don7t know yet, just track food, exercise cals and weight for a few weeks, you'll figure it out quickly (ignoring first kg or 2 or water loss)

how fast do you want to lose? 500g/week? 1kg/week?
a big fella might already be 1000cal deficit on 1700 a day = close to 1kg a week..

There is a limit on how much fat you can drop per week btw.
I don't see how eating a cheat meal once a week and limiting it to 3h is overthinking. Refeeds are important for continued progress and putting a time limit on it restricts calories significantly

so what do you think the limit is?

I've easily gone 8 weeks at consistent 0.5kg/week and 1kg/week with no need for reefed nonsense.
when have you ever actually continually lost significant weight without drugs? :p (and not water weight for weigh-in)

err, putting a calorie limit puts more of a calorie limit than a time limit... why so complicated?

it's easy.. pick a calorie intake (daily, weekly, hourly, whatever), count your intake and exercise, measure weight.
if weight goes up, you're eating too much.
If weight goes down, adjust deficit to get the rate of loss you want.

250calories per day is 2.5 tim tams.... farkall

speaking of hard and trivial.... :D
You you could easily just drop 70kcal from each day, same result, but that makes measuring hard and very trivial. So I'll drop calories on one day at a time while typically overeating on my cheat day even more. But I'd keep the cheat day to 2-3 hours until in the single digits and avoid sugars

70 calories per day.... that's 3.65kg weight loss.. PER YEAR.... how pointless....

500 cal deficit per day starts to make me hungry, and that's half a kg per week fat loss... easy. no need to fuck around

thats JUNK!
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce. <-- wth is this?
omelette ( how do you cook it ) , 3 eggs, bacon wtf.

I dont care for your calorie count is higher or lower, you can eat more good stuff then what the above is and eat as much as you want get used to the new foods as this is a life long commitment
FIRST
cook only in virgin olive oil, only a little bit.
2nd
e.g Breakfast / un processed oats with little bit of honey / 2 eggs/ 5 egg whites/ banana/ protein shake - make the protein shake e.g skim milk, LSA , protein powder wsi/wpc or even in water and add what you want

mid morning meal - add 5-6 lean steak / 5-6 ounces kangaroo/ steamed vegetables and or rice.
Lunch = brown rice/ chicken breast with salad

Afternoon = have a protein shake with water or snack on your almonds

Dinner = Fish with steamed veggies, add some egg whites, or sweet potatoe.

dont eat PORK / DUCK ... the meats are really fatty have some chicken / turkey/kangaroo/LEAN BEEF

eat more veggies/salads. ( cauliflower/carrots/brocolli/ etc) steam for 1 minute and take it out.

Concentrate on UN PROCESSED FOODS, if it comes in a packet or its far away from its original form dont eat it.
Stick to a natural diet and drink a lot of water. If you have to have sugar have it in the morning, brown sugar

Yes this shit tastes like arse, and yes you will be disgusted but if you going to do it, do it right and it will take you to your goal 90% is diet 10% training !

sorry im harsh but once i saw the bacon and tomatoe sauce i was like wtf

I've easily gone 8 weeks at consistent 0.5kg/week and 1kg/week with no need for reefed nonsense.
when have you ever actually continually lost significant weight without drugs? :p (and not water weight for weigh-in)

err, putting a calorie limit puts more of a calorie limit than a time limit... why so complicated?

it's easy.. pick a calorie intake (daily, weekly, hourly, whatever), count your intake and exercise, measure weight.

70 calories per day.... that's 3.65kg weight loss.. PER YEAR.... how pointless....

500 cal deficit per day starts to make me hungry, and that's half a kg per week fat loss... easy. no need to fuck around

Little changes man, that's all you need. I really don't think the small amount of testosterone I am taking is helping my fat loss at all so that's irrelevant

But yeah, you can decrease the calories a lot but why? Decrease them slowly, or crash diet. In between is a messy area.

I did crash diet, and I found myself in a place where I am struggling to further my fat loss. Basically you're playing all your cards at once. If you're getting fat loss, don't change anything. When it stalls, make a little change and wait a week. Then make another, and another. The weight will come off. For me this is as simple as standing up while I play video games, or removing sugars from my cheats, or using a full cheat day instead of just 3 hours. Sequential shifts in behavior spur the most change- not radical ones [http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-NLP-Principles-Peter-Young/dp/1904424104 - page 45]

Here is the info on fat loss btw,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615

Also I didn't recommend a 70kcal deficit, just furthering the deficit by 70kcal to break the stall. There is a big difference here. And this increases every time the fat loss stalls, so multiple times in a month

Last edited:

Good stuff corollas

Little changes man, that's all you need. I really don't think the small amount of testosterone I am taking is helping my fat loss at all so that's irrelevant......

What you may think 0ni doesn't change what's really happening
You keep downplaying what Testosterone does for you so why bother using it if it's that irrelevant.
I'm not having a go at you, just trying to understand the reasoning here

What you may think 0ni doesn't change what's really happening
You keep downplaying what Testosterone does for you so why bother using it if it's that irrelevant.
I'm not having a go at you, just trying to understand the reasoning here

Steroids don't help with fat loss at all
There was a study I linked before, 600mg/week caused a fat loss of 50 gram over 20 weeks. 50 gram

The general consensus about testosterone is that it doesn't "give" you muscle gain after the initial honeymoon period. If you need 3000kcal to grow natty and eat 2500kcal, you will not grow. But if 3500kcal gets you fatter natty, on testosterone you'll make better use of it and not get (as) fat

There are other steroids that increase feed efficiency, but not testosterone, especially 250mg
Diet rules are exactly the same for women as they are for men, but men can eat more and not get fat. It's the same as that, but more

Man it's the same as these people that think they can take tren and it will make them shredded, it's a joke. I'm not trying to downplay it, I am on a pretty benign amount here. I can diet harder and not worry about muscle mass loss, but there is still a physiological limit to how much fat I can lose in a day and no amount of drugs will change that. You can increase BMR and NEAT, take more androgens etc but this won't make the enzymes that empty adipose tissue work any harder. That is the weak link in the chain

That's why I keep protein so high, so the body burns those aminos instead of ones from my muscles. A safety net. But drop calories faster than your body can empty adipose then your body will use aminos or ketones for energy and it has to get them from muscle or diet, no amount of increased nitrogen retention will change that

I mean there are many, many reasons that I take testosterone
I like the way it feels
I like the way it makes me look
I like that my energy is always high despite eating just 1200kcal a day
I like that it sends my hunger through the roof and allows me to eat +6,000kcal in a day and not get fat
I will like even more when I am eating to gain weight, that is where it will really shine

But fat loss? My fat loss is still very slow and unchanged from natty. A steroid will not make you shredded unless you're taking so much you grow faster than you get fat :p
If it was that simple, commercial gyms would be full of people that accidentally got shredded, just by upping their dose. Instead we have a lot of fat bloofy weak people

So since I'm a fat kunce and now have started the AusBB 90 day challenge I've been watching my foods a little more. I'm tracking on mfp but I'm not getting enough cals in (apparently). Am I eating too little or logging wrong? I'm getting upto 1700cal without taking the cals I've burned into the equation. Even with a big bowl of ice cream Im still short on cals. But not hungry

I'm 96kg, 186cm tall
Exercise wise I'm,
Walking 1hr every morning,
Doing ptc beginners programme 3x a week.

My diet for the last few days has been:
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce.

Lunch- 1 large chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 a cucumber, 1/2 cup capsicum, 6 cherrie tomatoes, red onion.

Dinner- chilli con carne (roughly 400g), 11/2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup cheese, 3x spicey chicken wings.

Snacking on almonds and drinking shit loads of water.

At 186cm (same height as me) and only 96kg you can't really be too fat, I don't think I could ever weigh 96kg unless I was on deaths bed, you are almost 25kg lighter than me, and I can see my top row of abs.

Personally at your height you should be aiming to put on 10kg not lose more weight., but obviously make that muscle not fat:p

thats JUNK!
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce. <-- wth is this?

I dont care for your calorie count is higher or lower, you can eat more good stuff then what the above is and eat as much as you want get used to the new foods as this is a life long commitment
FIRST
2nd
e.g Breakfast / un processed oats with little bit of honey / 2 eggs/ 5 egg whites/ banana/ protein shake - make the protein shake e.g skim milk, LSA , protein powder wsi/wpc or even in water and add what you want

mid morning meal - add 5-6 lean steak / 5-6 ounces kangaroo/ steamed vegetables and or rice.

dont eat PORK / DUCK ... the meats are really fatty have some chicken / turkey/kangaroo/LEAN BEEF

eat more veggies/salads. ( cauliflower/carrots/brocolli/ etc) steam for 1 minute and take it out.

Concentrate on UN PROCESSED FOODS, if it comes in a packet or its far away from its original form dont eat it.
Stick to a natural diet and drink a lot of water. If you have to have sugar have it in the morning, brown sugar

Yes this shit tastes like arse, and yes you will be disgusted but if you going to do it, do it right and it will take you to your goal 90% is diet 10% training !

Your joking right?? What is wrong with an omelette with three eggs and bacon?? and some shot sauce?? so you want him to replace a meal that is filling and has plenty of nutrients with oats and eggs with the nutrients removed, a banana ??? why a banana?/ and a protein shake?? WTF then you say eat un processed food, yet you tell him to eat a heap of processed stuff??

There is so much wrong with this post it's not even funny and I could not be bothered to go into it.

Why would you want sugar in the morning?? The worst time to have, at a time when fat loss is at it's highest and having sugar at that time will stop any fat loss for the day instantly unless you are starving yourself.

Don't eat pork?? :confused::rolleyes:

What is your fascination with brown stuff?/ Brown sugar, brown rice?? Why?? Makes no difference.

He mentions no tomato sauce, he did mention hot sauce again what is wrong with sauce?? Only has few calories and lots of taste, you are allowed to eat tasty food when dieting, I have delicious meals every day, with plenty of taste and flavour.

Have never eaten most of the stuff you mention in my life and never will, I enjoy my food, pork ribs, mince meat, stir fry, bacon and eggs most days, prawn, chicken etc etc

Definitely need another 10kg of muscle :) but definitely don't need to put on any more fat either..... As for the diet trying a low carb approach as I feel like shite when I eat carbs.

Here's my 90day challenge pic

zape6esy.jpg

thats JUNK!

FIRST
2nd

What a load of shit.

At 186cm (same height as me) and only 96kg you can't really be too fat, I don't think I could ever weigh 96kg unless I was on deaths bed, you are almost 25kg lighter than me, and I can see my top row of abs.

Personally at your height you should be aiming to put on 10kg not lose more weight., but obviously make that muscle not fat:p

Mick some times you say some fucking dumb things. This is one of them.

thats JUNK!

FIRST
2nd

Ditch bacon omelette for oats???? GTFO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk