• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

Not sure how my lifts and body composition relate what the OP need to do to achieve his goals?? He has his body and I have mine both operate independently of each other, so what ever my state is does not have any affect on the goals of the OP and what he needs to do to achieve them.

I suggested the OP needs to gain 10kg of mucle to suit his frame, this would result in an overall gain of weight even if he lost his fat, so still can not see where gaining 10kg of muscle is shit advice??

I pointed my weight out to the OP in my original post, so can't see what business it is of yours to point it out or how it relates to the discussion??

You suggest my lifts are average, I would suggest you are way off the mark, I would love you to point out an avaerage person that benches 135kg and squats 170kg, you must live in giant land or something, most average people I see around have trouble walking up a flight of stairs and carrying the groceries inside, hell even take it up a notch and just look at Gym goers in general, bet I still measure up well above the average gym rat.
I shouldn't have stooped to a personal attack sorry, although I still think your advice is wrong.

Op should focus on slimming down first undoubtedly some recomp will occur if he continues to lift BUT scale weight will go down no doubt about it

The OP is in no shape to gain further weight. It's a no brainer really. Lift heavy with small Cal deficit and he will transform his body.

oh man this whole thread
well debating anything that is not the topic on hand is a diversion tactic

It will take the OP at least a year to look remotely muscular
He just needs clean diet and to actually start training. Is he losing or gaining weight right now? Chances are he is gaining weight at a very slow rate which is what got him into this situation and his metabolic rate is matched to his caloric intake

So just keeping calories the same, but more protein and less other things and actually training will give great results in 6 months time, as long as training is done every day and heavy, none of this 3x a week 5x5 balonie

After 6 months of this, it is obvious if he needs to eat to gain weight or eat to lose weight as long as diet was clean (clean = free of processed food just for sake of simplicity) and training was very hard, pouring with sweat every time.

It's important not to make diet 100% perfect straight away. I did this for a while and found myself stuck, you're playing all your cards at once so when the crap hits the ventilation you have no where to go from there. At the moment I am making 1 week daily changes, 1 week no changes pretty much. I can do something as simple as chew gum and fat loss will continue, we are talking maybe 20kcal here and it's enough to spur progress. But if you're doing carb nite + lifting, cardio, 100% clean, chewing gum, standing playing video game, etc all at once you stall and you're like "well what can I do now"?

OP needs none of this, just same calorie with more protein and daily resistance exercise for 6 months, then adjustments

OP needs

Slight cal deficit
Increase protein
Follow ptc begginer program
Be consistent for 6 months

Review and adjust month to month.... Little steps...

OP needs

Slight cal deficit
Increase protein
Follow ptc begginer program
Be consistent for 6 months

Review and adjust month to month.... Little steps...

yeah
but I'd even argue that a deficit is not needed initially
when you start, there is so many metabolic changes going on, it would be impossible to determine what the level of calories is that neither causes weight loss or weight gain

Eating plenty of protein and have total cals around maintenance should do it in this case, but like Oni said, starting out there are so many changes taking place, just train hard and eat the right foods and changes will happen, then adjust as needed.

yeah
but I'd even argue that a deficit is not needed initially
when you start, there is so many metabolic changes going on, it would be impossible to determine what the level of calories is that neither causes weight loss or weight gain

Yeah
This is why i stated, get after the squat and dead, the goal is to add muscule tissue to the lower body

Thanks all, I'll keep thean and keep up the Ptc programme

You don't have to eat clean...

Just find a sustainable approach that keeps you in a slight cal deficit..

Be sure to include the foods you love..

Also calculate your calories over the week.. then worrk out the daily average for the week and use this number...

What Nazzy said /\/\

Yeah
This is why i stated, get after the squat and dead, the goal is to add muscule tissue to the lower body
I dare say his goal is also to lose tummy fat also :D (as is mine..)

you could body recomp with no deficit.. but then fat loss is limited by rate of muscle addition...

why not lose the flab a bit faster with a deficit? :D no-one likes flab...