• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

Just as I thought, you are confusing weight and fat, two different things.

If the OP lost 10 he would look like a concentration camp victim, he needs to lose fat and add muscle just like I said in my post, so in the end he should end up being heavier than his current weight is, like I said I think you are confusing weight/muscle and fat. Muscle and fat is what total body weight is made up of, so by adding 10kg of muscle and dropping 5kg of fat, the OP has added weight, yet got leaner (lost fat).

Most people say they want to lose weight when realistically they want to lose fat, I am sure most peopel could not care less what the scales said if they were shreadded with no body fat. So really weight is irrelevant, body fat is what most people are talking about when they say weight.

Mick I am not confusing anything. If I say weight I mean weight. Fat I mean fat and muscle I mean muscle.

Do you seriously think he is just going to add 10kg muscle overnight. Lol. It could take years. Someone already fat eating to gain weight will get even fatter.

You can lose fat much much quicker than gain muscle.

There are plenty of natural guys that are 100-110kgs - that are leanish - looking at union, league etc - I am not saying I am a big dude but I always sit over 100kgs and I am 5'11/180cm

The OP just needs to eat clean, train hard and bust his ass - considering he is new to training I am guessing if he does all this he will be able to drop bf while gaining size - its all about working hard....

This exactly, 100kg for somone around 6 foot is not a lot, a work mate of mine is a triathelte and he weighs 96kg, and he is shreaded, and about 6 foot. Does not even lift.

Leanish isn't lean and most people underestimate how fat they are.

Most peopel would be considered lean at 10-15% BF, and less than that is not really sustainable, I good personal friend of mine who is a competing body builder with several state and national titels including two first places I believe and who is 100% natural, gets around at about 12% and he looks ripped, but gets down to 6% for contests, but literially puts on 6-10kg in the week after comp, to a more sustainable weight.

When a body builder steps on stage is weak, dehydrated and probably almost delirious with hunger, I know my mate was raving like a lunatic the last week before his contest, eating weight portions of boiled chicken breast and brown rice with no added salt day in day out,

Last edited:
The numbers mick is claiming for lean naturals( I'm saying lean is 10% range ) is well over the research on bodybuilders showing the human limits of muscle mass without drugs. And not just a little bit over, well over

A fat free mass index of 25 is considered the limit for lean naturals.

thats JUNK!
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce. <-- wth is this?
omelette ( how do you cook it ) , 3 eggs, bacon wtf.

I dont care for your calorie count is higher or lower, you can eat more good stuff then what the above is and eat as much as you want get used to the new foods as this is a life long commitment
FIRST
cook only in virgin olive oil, only a little bit.
2nd
e.g Breakfast / un processed oats with little bit of honey / 2 eggs/ 5 egg whites/ banana/ protein shake - make the protein shake e.g skim milk, LSA , protein powder wsi/wpc or even in water and add what you want

mid morning meal - add 5-6 lean steak / 5-6 ounces kangaroo/ steamed vegetables and or rice.
Lunch = brown rice/ chicken breast with salad

Afternoon = have a protein shake with water or snack on your almonds

Dinner = Fish with steamed veggies, add some egg whites, or sweet potatoe.

dont eat PORK / DUCK ... the meats are really fatty have some chicken / turkey/kangaroo/LEAN BEEF

eat more veggies/salads. ( cauliflower/carrots/brocolli/ etc) steam for 1 minute and take it out.

Concentrate on UN PROCESSED FOODS, if it comes in a packet or its far away from its original form dont eat it.
Stick to a natural diet and drink a lot of water. If you have to have sugar have it in the morning, brown sugar

Yes this shit tastes like arse, and yes you will be disgusted but if you going to do it, do it right and it will take you to your goal 90% is diet 10% training !

sorry im harsh but once i saw the bacon and tomatoe sauce i was like wtf

Really poor advice here

Mick I am not confusing anything. If I say weight I mean weight. Fat I mean fat and muscle I mean muscle.

Do you seriously think he is just going to add 10kg muscle overnight. Lol. It could take years. Someone already fat eating to gain weight will get even fatter.

You can lose fat much much quicker than gain muscle.

I never said he was going to add 10kg of muscle overninght, it's irrelevant how long it will take, but he needs to start doing it if that is what he is interested in, so again you said my advice to the OP to add 10kg of muscle is dumb?? Still waiting for the explanation as to why it is dumb??

There is no reason teh OP can not be gaining muscle while getting rid of that body fat, especially as a beginner, with a decent diet, consuming the right foods/protein and hard training, the OP's weight can well be increasing while his body fat melts away, lean muscle mass weights a lot less that fat.

Your joking right?? What is wrong with an omelette with three eggs and bacon?? and some shot sauce?? so you want him to replace a meal that is filling and has plenty of nutrients with oats and eggs with the nutrients removed, a banana ??? why a banana?/ and a protein shake?? WTF then you say eat un processed food, yet you tell him to eat a heap of processed stuff??

There is so much wrong with this post it's not even funny and I could not be bothered to go into it.

Why would you want sugar in the morning?? The worst time to have, at a time when fat loss is at it's highest and having sugar at that time will stop any fat loss for the day instantly unless you are starving yourself.

Bloody hell Mick!!!

Starts off strong then completley loses the plot...

I can't eat sugar in the morning now????

I never said he was going to add 10kg of muscle overninght, it's irrelevant how long it will take, but he needs to start doing it if that is what he is interested in, so again you said my advice to the OP to add 10kg of muscle is dumb?? Still waiting for the explanation as to why it is dumb??

There is no reason teh OP can not be gaining muscle while getting rid of that body fat, especially as a beginner, with a decent diet, consuming the right foods/protein and hard training, the OP's weight can well be increasing while his body fat melts away, lean muscle mass weights a lot less that fat.

Mick you said add 10kg WEIGHT, read the fucking post. Adding 10kg weight will just make him fatter.

Like I said he can lose 10kg fat and look better and be healthier in a couple months. Do this while lifting to gain muscle. 10kg muscle will take years. This doesn't even mention the better nutrient partitioning that you get when leaner. The fatter you are the more fat you add when gaining weight.

Bloody hell Mick!!!

Starts off strong then completley loses the plot...

I can't eat sugar in the morning now????

This is not news, has been around and known even by the old body builders in the 70's.

Well you can eat what ever you want, but research has shown that weight loss is strongest in the morning after you wake up and are fasted, having carbs will instantly spike your insulin, instantly stopping that process. While you can have fat and proteins which will not spike insulin to the same level prolongig the weight loss. Obviously if you have too much fat/protein then this will also stop you losing weight. unfortunatly I remeber reading that eggs can also spike insulin, but this can be reduced by having fat (bacon??) with the eggs.

The research is out there you just need to read it, it's also explained in CBL and Carb Nite along with references to teh scientific studies relating to it, I am at work so can't really find it for you now, but easy enough to look up yourself and have a read.

Its funny the fad only a few years ago was carbs in the morning but no carbs at night. Now it's no carbs in the morning and carbs ok at night. Mick if you follow all these fads why are you so fat. Lol. Oh that's right because they are bullshit fads.

Definitely need and 10kg of muscle :) but definitely don't need to put on any more ither..... As for the diet trying a low carb approach as I feel like shite importantI eat carbs.

Here's my 90day challenge pic

zape6esy.jpg

Keep it simple...

Slight calorie deficit for the next 6 months - try a couple of different diet approaches and find one that suits you... Sustainable dieting is the key here and counting calories is important imo...

No need for cardio in your case unless you want to eat more...

The PTC begginer program 3 times a week is perfect...

Adjust your calories month to month as required to maintain body recomp

[MENTION=16067]iamwilso[/MENTION]; has also lost a sock.

Get after those squats and dead-lifts, you need to add 5kg of muscle tissue to those legs.
Actually, that's your goal right there.
5kg each leg.

If you can't lose fat in a couple of weeks, make some adjustments to your diet, but don't rely on cardio for fat loss.

This is not news, has been around and known even by the old body builders in the 70's.

Well you can eat what ever you want, but research has shown that weight loss is strongest in the morning after you wake up and are fasted, having carbs will instantly spike your insulin, instantly stopping that process. While you can have fat and proteins which will not spike insulin to the same level prolongig the weight loss. Obviously if you have too much fat/protein then this will also stop you losing weight. unfortunatly I remeber reading that eggs can also spike insulin, but this can be reduced by having fat (bacon??) with the eggs.

The research is out there you just need to read it, it's also explained in CBL and Carb Nite along with references to teh scientific studies relating to it, I am at work so can't really find it for you now, but easy enough to look up yourself and have a read.

Protein spikes insulin just as high as carbs...

Herp derp et.al...