• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

Definitely need another 10kg of muscle :) but definitely don't need to put on any more fat either..... As for the diet trying a low carb approach as I feel like shite when I eat carbs.

Here's my 90day challenge pic

zape6esy.jpg

Looks like a classic case of drop some body fat and gain at least 10kg of muscle, so you realistically do not wan to lose any weight, just fat, so body recomposition is where it's at, with the right training and diet you will be putting on weight.

How so?? So you are saying for the op to put on ten kg of muscle would be a bad idea:confused:

Can't see how that would be a bad thing:confused:

You said at 96kg and 186cm he should be trying to put on 10kg not lose weight. That's fucking retarded. In real life I don't think I've ever seen a natural bloke around 100 kg and 180 something cm that need to put on more weight to look better.

You're deluded if you think you are 120kg, natural and lean. Wasn't it about 12 months ago you put in your journal you were 30% BF.

- Train harder
- Eat better
- Do more cardio
- Dont make your calories up with ice-cream

Looks like a classic case of drop some body fat and gain at least 10kg of muscle, so you realistically do not wan to lose any weight, just fat, so body recomposition is where it's at, with the right training and diet you will be putting on weight.

You must be pretty buff theses days Mick

- Train harder
- Eat better
- Do more cardio
- Dont make your calories up with ice-cream
that's the simple way to do it :D

Definitely need another 10kg of muscle :) but definitely don't need to put on any more fat either..... As for the diet trying a low carb approach as I feel like shite when I eat carbs.

I feel like shit with pasta, bread and other flour stuff (sucks cos I LOVE making scones..), BUT, rice and potato (ie gnocchi!) don't fuck with me at all.. oats can be iffy
I'm definitely no coeliac wannabe, but potato and rice work better for me, so don't rule out "carbs" completely :D low carb also worked for me..

don't do any yoyo diets, or bro-science diets, or 1200cal one day and 600 0the next, that's fucken stupid. don't do any "diets" at all...

my only real advice would be:
DO try and go for a long ride/run/sex/kayak/climbing/whatever and burn 1-2000cals or something each weekend to bump things along.. that sets me up for a good week..

So eating less one some days is stupid but burning more on some days isn't?
10/10 logic

Some people need a strict laid out diet, this is fact. Over eating and under eating keeps energy levels high this is fact

when you get older little man, you may need to keep up regular food intake to keep your bowels working :D

burning more energy doesn't mean reducing flow through your guts

you're still a tweenybopper, so really, it doesn't matter what you do, it'll still work out ;)
add 20 years and see if your whacky ideas still work :D

Last edited:
You said at 96kg and 186cm he should be trying to put on 10kg not lose weight. That's fucking retarded. In real life I don't think I've ever seen a natural bloke around 100 kg and 180 something cm that need to put on more weight to look better.

You're deluded if you think you are 120kg, natural and lean. Wasn't it about 12 months ago you put in your journal you were 30% BF.

You must be seriously retarded, the op has even posted up a photo of himself, making it quite obvious he needs to drop some body fat and add some muscle, or are you telling me you think he can no longer add muscle 'naturally' to his frame??

So above you have a photo of a natural bloke around 100kg (close enough anyway) and you seriously don't believe he would benefit from putting on muscle:confused:

You seem to be fascinated that I possibly had 30% body fat 12 months ago, even though at the time you said the reading was BS as it was done using scales and could possibly not be correct. So it's correct when convenient to you?? Plus a lot can and has changed in 12 months.

I am pretty confident that I am around 120kg, also pretty confident that I am natural (unless you count a multi vitamin and some WPC as not natural) and I know that I can see my top row of abs, so not shredded but lean enough for now anyway, and getting leaner. So what is your point:rolleyes:

Yeah I know. I mean its just soooo easy to drop some body fat and gain 10kg muscle. Fuck why didn't anyone else think of that.

No one said it was easy, none the less that is the job at hand that needs to be done if the op is keen, looking at his base, he is not grossly overweight, and does not appear to have done a lot of training, so he should see great progress with his workout and a few dietary tweaks.

Last edited:
when you get older little man, you may need to keep up regular food intake to keep your bowels working :D

burning more energy doesn't mean reducing flow through your guts

you're still a tweenybopper, so really, it doesn't matter what you do, it'll still work out ;)
add 20 years and see if your whacky ideas still work :D

There is nothing wacky about eating less on two days of the week
Keeping bowels working? They will work just fine on 1700kcal a day. When was eating some broccoli hard at all?

You must be seriously retarded, the op has even posted up a photo of himself, making it quite obvious he needs to drop some body fat and add some muscle, or are you telling me you think he can no longer add muscle 'naturally' to his frame??

So above you have a photo of a natural bloke around 100kg (close enough anyway) and you seriously don't believe he would benefit from putting on muscle:confused:

You seem to be fascinated that I possibly had 30% body fat 12 months ago, even though at the time you said the reading was BS as it was done using scales and could possibly not be correct. So it's correct when convenient to you?? Plus a lot can and has changed in 12 months.

I am pretty confident that I am around 120kg, also pretty confident that I am natural (unless you count a multi vitamin and some WPC as not natural) and I know that I can see my top row of abs, so not shredded but lean enough for now anyway, and getting leaner. So what is your point:rolleyes:

No one said it was easy, none the less that is the job at hand that needs to be done if the op is keen, looking at his base, he is not grossly overweight, and does not appear to have done a lot of training, so he should see great progress with his workout and a few dietary tweaks.

Don't be an idiot mick. Show me where I said not to add muscle.

He needs to lose weight. You said to add 10kg. Lol. Someone already carrying a bit adding 10kg is just going to make them even fatter.

Mick you may think you're lean but I'm guessing our definitions of lean are different. Top two fat rolls don't count as abs. Lol.

Here is my original advice to the OP:

Personally at your height you should be aiming to put on 10kg not lose more weight., but obviously make that muscle not fat:p

And here is your response to it:

Mick some times you say some fucking dumb things. This is one of them.

You took the words right outa my mouth

Here is your response to me advising the OP to add 10kg of muscle to his frame, you suggested that it is the dumbest thing??? And your bitch Darkoz obviously agrees, with your response, as he seldom comes up with his own ideas but rather follows you around with a 'yeah what he said' post after yours, without even understanding how dumb the post he is agreeing with really was.

Still waiting on both your responses as to WHY my advise to add 10kg of muscle to the OP's frame would be a bad idea. I suppose I will never get it as you have dug yourself a hole that you can't really get out of without coming up with another dumb statement, so you will probably go down your usual line of diversion suggesting that I am fat and since have no idea what I am talking about, or just plain personal insults:rolleyes:

Here you further say that adding 10kg of muscle is a bad idea by saying it's retarded, even suggesting that someone at 96kg be hard pressed adding muscle without drugs?? WTF, the OP has almost zero muscle on his frame.

I think you are confusing weight with fat, at 186cm (6'2") the OP does not need to lose any weight, if anything he needs to lose some fat and add muscle, adding weight to his frame. Generally for a lean 186cm male with a muscular build 100kg is the absolute lower limit of body weight, 105-110kg would probably be spot on.

Mick you may think you're lean but I'm guessing our definitions of lean are different. Top two fat rolls don't count as abs. Lol.

Already starting on the diversionary tactics in an attempt to distract from your original brainless post.

It appears that you have an unhealthy obsession with my body comoposition, something that you know nothing about but make out like you have photos of me naked in the shower...not sure where you get your information about fat rolls from, but I have never had fat rolls even at my fattest about 8 years ago when I had not been training for about 5 years, and drining 3-4 cases of beer a week....since those days when I weight about 115kg I have lost substantial body fat and added substancial muscle mass, not that any of this is relevant in any way to the OP's goals and training and dietary requirements.

Even if I was an obese blob unable to move off my bed without the aid of a crane does not make my advise any less relevant, as there is no correlation between my body composition and the body composition and training goals of the OP.

Last edited:
You funny man Mick

This is your comment that I was referring to, then take a look at the OPs pic...
At 186cm (same height as me) and only 96kg you can't really be too fat, I don't think I could ever weigh 96kg unless I was on deaths bed, you are almost 25kg lighter than me, and I can see my top row of abs
Your idea of fat is obviously different to most

Sure, someone may need to put on 10kg of muscle but they also need to lose 20+kg of fat, therefore weighing less in the end.

Last edited:
Here is your response to me advising the OP to add 10kg of muscle to his frame, you suggested that it is the dumbest thing??? And your bitch Darkoz obviously agrees, with your response, as he seldon comes up with his own ideas but rather follows you around with a 'yeah what he said post after yours', without even understanding how dumb the post he is agreeing with really was.

Still waiting on both your responses as to WHY my advise to add 10kg of muscle to the OP's frame would be a bad idea. I suppose I will never get it as you have dug yourself a hole that you can't really get out of without coming up with another dumb statement, so you will probably go down your usual line of diversion suggesting that I am fat and since have no idea what I am talking about, or just plain personal insults:rolleyes:

Here you further say that adding 10kg of muscle is a bad idea by saying it's retarded, even suggesting that someone at 96kg be hard pressed adding muscle without drugs?? WTF, the OP has almost zero muscle on his frame.

I think you are confusing weight with fat, at 186cm (6'2") the OP does not need to lose any weight, if anything he needs to lose some fat and add muscle, adding weight to his frame. Generally for a lean 186cm male with a muscular build 100kg is the absolute lower limit of body weight, 105-110kg would probably be spot on.

Mick you are a moron. I never said don't add muscle. I said he needs to lose weight, which he does. That does not mean I said he doesn't need muscle. Lol. You are an idiot, the aim is to always add muscle when possible.

You said add weight. Do you want me to quote your post. Have a look at his picture he doesn't need more weight. He needs to lose weight. Adding more weight will just make him even fatter.

Sure 10kg muscle is going to be great but in the real world that could take a few years. Where he could lose 10kg of fat in a few months. So yes he will have to lose weight and should be trying to add muscle while losing that weight.

Mick you are fucking deluded. Show me some pics of these 105-115kg lean natural blokes. Lol. Come on. What percent bodyfat are you claiming lean?

Didn't Arnie have an off season weight of about 110kg at 6'2. And Mick thinks naturals are walking around like this lol.

There are plenty of natural guys that are 100-110kgs - that are leanish - looking at union, league etc - I am not saying I am a big dude but I always sit over 100kgs and I am 5'11/180cm

The OP just needs to eat clean, train hard and bust his ass - considering he is new to training I am guessing if he does all this he will be able to drop bf while gaining size - its all about working hard....

There are plenty of natural guys that are 100-110kgs - that are leanish - looking at union, league etc - I am not saying I am a big dude but I always sit over 100kgs and I am 5'11/180cm

The OP just needs to eat clean, train hard and bust his ass - considering he is new to training I am guessing if he does all this he will be able to drop bf while gaining size - its all about working hard....

Leanish isn't lean and most people underestimate how fat they are.

Mick you are a moron. I never said don't add muscle. I said he needs to lose weight, which he does. That does not mean I said he doesn't need muscle. Lol. You are an idiot, the aim is to always add muscle when possible.

You said add weight. Do you want me to quote your post. Have a look at his picture he doesn't need more weight. He needs to lose weight. Adding more weight will just make him even fatter.

Sure 10kg muscle is going to be great but in the real world that could take a few years. Where he could lose 10kg of fat in a few months. So yes he will have to lose weight and should be trying to add muscle while losing that weight.

Mick you are fucking deluded. Show me some pics of these 105-115kg lean natural blokes. Lol. Come on. What percent bodyfat are you claiming lean?

Just as I thought, you are confusing weight and fat, two different things.

If the OP lost 10 he would look like a concentration camp victim, he needs to lose fat and add muscle just like I said in my post, so in the end he should end up being heavier than his current weight is, like I said I think you are confusing weight/muscle and fat. Muscle and fat is what total body weight is made up of, so by adding 10kg of muscle and dropping 5kg of fat, the OP has added weight, yet got leaner (lost fat).

Most people say they want to lose weight when realistically they want to lose fat, I am sure most peopel could not care less what the scales said if they were shreadded with no body fat. So really weight is irrelevant, body fat is what most people are talking about when they say weight.