• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Mick - are you/have you ever been sub 8% bodyfat?

It's alright.. you don't have to answer this one. People reading your posts already know the answer.

so you're saying you DO like beer?

Occasionally, have not had one since xmasday or boxing day though, don't normally drink alcohol. For several reasons, generally on call for work, does not really fit my current goals and lifestyle, and have no need for it, and don't miss it.

Sauce is mostly sugar with varying amounts of salt. I thought if you had perfect taste buds you wouldn't need that. Maybe you have the numbed taste buds.

Table spoon serving size of sauce is ok but well less than a gram of salt isn't. There is probably more salt in most sauces than most people put on food and zero sugar in salt.

Obviously you are again guessing, and failed to use common sense, just because you buy sauce, does not mean you have to buy rubbish, the sauce I use when I use it, has minimal salt, and no sugar, just tomatoes and some vinegar pretty simple really. Even if it did have sugar and salt, the tiny amount present that can hardly be tasted would not make any difference if the rest of your diet is spot on or close.

At no stage did I suggest, mention or even remotely imply that less than a gram of salt isn't OK. I guess this is something else you dreamt up in your spare time, or simply decided to make up, salt intake is entirely dependant on what your body requires for it's current level of activity, again common sense:rolleyes:.

So I guess you are suggesting the salt on the chips that are that salty that they can hardly be eaten is all good for you and productive in your fitness goals??

Mick - are you/have you ever been sub 8% bodyfat?

It's alright.. you don't have to answer this one. People reading your posts already know the answer.

Interesting, how would you know the answer according to my posts?? How do my posts relate to my last 50 years?? How would my posts suggest what my body fat percentage was 30 years ago?? You must have some amazing insights and understandings:eek:

Let me ask you this then, how old are you?? How many years have you been training?? How often have you travelled interstate to represent your chosen sport?? How often have you travelled overseas to represent Australia?? How many state champions have you coached?? How many Australian Champions have you Coached??

My guess according to your posts is that I have been training longer than you have been alive, that I was representing Australia overseas when you were shitting your nappy, and I was training and coaching people who were competing in world championships before you had your first root.:p

But then again I might be wrong, we wont know till I have a rough idea of your age:)

Getting back to your question I was probably under 10%-12% most of my life, especially when competing nationally and internationally, gaining weight only became a slight problem when I stopped competing and training full time and more so when I hit my 40's, not sure if I was ever 8%, probably too lean for my chosen sport at the time and not a priority, fitness and endurance was my priority, since my history of extremely high rep light weight training and endurance training. Generally most of my sets were between 50-100 reps often more with a lot of body weight stuff.

So different training and different goals.

Don't be so quick to judge the old bloke sitting in the corner of the pub drinking his beer, he has already been there and done that in most cases and has moved well past where you are still trying to get to. If you train half as much as I have in your lifetime, and if you can still squat 170kg ATG at my age where most people have trouble walking you will be doing OK. Old men were young once as well…..:)

EDIT:
This response is probably bigger than the question deserves….

Last edited:
Occasionally, have not had one since xmasday or boxing day though, don't normally drink alcohol. For several reasons, generally on call for work, does not really fit my current goals and lifestyle, and have no need for it, and don't miss it.

Obviously you are again guessing, and failed to use common sense, just because you buy sauce, does not mean you have to buy rubbish, the sauce I use when I use it, has minimal salt, and no sugar, just tomatoes and some vinegar pretty simple really. Even if it did have sugar and salt, the tiny amount present that can hardly be tasted would not make any difference if the rest of your diet is spot on or close.

At no stage did I suggest, mention or even remotely imply that less than a gram of salt isn't OK. I guess this is something else you dreamt up in your spare time, or simply decided to make up, salt intake is entirely dependant on what your body requires for it's current level of activity, again common sense:rolleyes:.

So I guess you are suggesting the salt on the chips that are that salty that they can hardly be eaten is all good for you and productive in your fitness goals??

Interesting, how would you know the answer according to my posts?? How do my posts relate to my last 50 years?? How would my posts suggest what my body fat percentage was 30 years ago?? You must have some amazing insights and understandings:eek:

Let me ask you this then, how old are you?? How many years have you been training?? How often have you travelled interstate to represent your chosen sport?? How often have you travelled overseas to represent Australia?? How many state champions have you coached?? How many Australian Champions have you Coached??

My guess according to your posts is that I have been training longer than you have been alive, that I was representing Australia overseas when you were shitting your nappy, and I was training and coaching people who were competing in world championships before you had your first root.:p

But then again I might be wrong, we wont know till I have a rough idea of your age:)

Getting back to your question I was probably under 10%-12% most of my life, especially when competing nationally and internationally, gaining weight only became a slight problem when I stopped competing and training full time and more so when I hit my 40's, not sure if I was ever 8%, probably too lean for my chosen sport at the time and not a priority, fitness and endurance was my priority, since my history of extremely high rep light weight training and endurance training. Generally most of my sets were between 50-100 reps often more with a lot of body weight stuff.

Don't be so quick to judge the old bloke sitting in the corner of the pub drinking his beer, he has already been there and done that in most cases and has moved well past where you are still trying to get to. If you train half as much as I have in your lifetime, and if you can still squat 170kg ATG at my age where most people have trouble walking you will be doing OK. Old men were young once as well…..:)

EDIT:

Hey Mick - somewhat off topic - what did you compete in? Sorry must of missed this - cheers mate.

EDIT:

Backtracking much.

Much have a look at the macros of your Heinz organic sauce you will see that sugar is the main macro.

So now you are saying salt is ok. Before you said that salt caused your imaginary numbed taste bud disease.

You also said you should enjoy the natural taste of food but by the looks of it you mask the taste of foods with a heap more stuff than I ever do and you claimed I have numbed taste buds.

So it's not ok for Maccas to salt their chips but it's ok for you to. Mick be consistent with your argument for once.

Most blokes in there 50s I know still walk fine. I even know a couple still playing cricket and tennis competitively.

How can you drink beer. You must not even have any taste buds.... I'm 36.. I'm glad you competed in ping pong. Well done.

And it's now obvious you've never needed to do a cut so to speak. 10-12% is not sub 8%.

Have a good day old fella.

So um, can someone tell me what the verdict on Venom is? I still have 4 sample packs left, and I am drinking it on my training day as I believe its a high carb protein formula (based on BN's test kit results), but is it worth it or a waste of time and I should therefore just get back on my BN stuff.

So um, can someone tell me what the verdict on Venom is? I still have 4 sample packs left, and I am drinking it on my training day as I believe its a high carb protein formula (based on BN's test kit results), but is it worth it or a waste of time and I should therefore just get back on my BN stuff.

Page 11 mate. Looks as though they could be fudging their protein with higher nitrogen aminos to get the % up. was the carb content test done on the wpi or wpc

Carb test wad Mick with wpc.
BN explained they may be using a slightly different protein so content might be legit.

haha - from what I can see from the thread its shit :p

BN explained they may be using a slightly different protein so content might be legit.

A company should have no problem at all when asked by a customer as to what source of protein they are using.
For example, "Bulk Nutrients use Alacen 894 from Fonterra New Zealand for our WPI" is what we would disclose if a customer emailed in to us and asked.

I'd put a lot of money on the fact that they are not using alacen 895. I doubt its even from fonterra

A company should have no problem at all when asked by a customer as to what source of protein they are using.
For example, "Bulk Nutrients use Alacen 894 from Fonterra New Zealand for our WPI" is what we would disclose if a customer emailed in to us and asked.

I'm happy to ask.

I'll send an email.

Jeez, reading through this was pretty painful.

Was just about to order some more WPI from No Bull and stumbled across some stuff on here that did NOT look good.

So may try Venom - are we all happy that Venom is the way to go? I really just want to try the rocky road flavour, that sounds awesome

i had my venom rocky road wpi tested from nmi labs and it came back at 79.7/100g instead of their claimed 87.8/100g for flavoured wpi

just thought i'd let you guys know

i had my venom rocky road wpi tested from nmi labs and it came back at 79.7/100g instead of their claimed 87.8/100g for flavoured wpi

What was your batch date? mine was tested at NMI and came back with 91.8/100g

This is a situation where the discrepancy is too far when claiming a pure WPI.
Flavouring should only bring a pure WPI down to around 87% (chocolate or chocolate based flavourings taking up the most percentage).

It looks like there is about 8% of powder unknown judging from your mentioned lab test results here.