• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Bloody hell! They should be losing money selling it that cheap...

Mick give Maxs Superwhey a try, very nice tasting just very expensive! I tested it last year and it's pristine 100% WPI.

Isn't Superwhey WPC/WPI 80%? Agree that they are super expensive though, Would prefer International or Urban Muscle WPI tbh..much cheaper and pure WPI not a blend

Isn't Superwhey WPC/WPI 80%? Agree that they are super expensive though, Would prefer International or Urban Muscle WPI tbh..much cheaper and pure WPI not a blend

Totally right, I meant supershred! Fucking product names hahaha.

Never heard of Urban Muscle, they take bitcoins that's pretty cool!

Always order protein that has a good mix of value, quality and taste - I will always go with quality first then value, then taste though - really the only time I am drinking shakes is after training so I am not sipping on them all day.

I have gone back to buying from big, well known brands - of course costs abit more but you do feel more secure in the product you are buying....

Would you consider Dorian Yates Nutrition as one of those big well known brands, Rugby88?

Test your powders! It's absolutely free of charge to do. The only effort is finding a mail box to slip your samples in to.
The next effort after that is simply waiting for an email of the results! :p

proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au

I just buy WPC anyway, the difference in price is definitely not worth paying for WPI, don't really care if a product is 80% protein or 90% as long as you get what is advertised, WPI/WPC blend is probably a better option anyway most commercial brands are a blend of various proteins.

I add a half scoop of 100% egg protein to my WPC, I like the idea of egg protein, as it has a great profile.

I just buy WPC anyway, the difference in price is definitely not worth paying for WPI, don't really care if a product is 80% protein or 90% as long as you get what is advertised, WPI/WPC blend is probably a better option anyway most commercial brands are a blend of various proteins.

I add a half scoop of 100% egg protein to my WPC, I like the idea of egg protein, as it has a great profile.

Why not use a real egg?

Why not use a real egg?

I generally have 2 eggs per day usually breakfast, not keen on putting raw egg into a shake (concerned about salmonella and I remember reading somewhere that we don't digest raw egg well), plus egg protein powder is a lot cheaper than buying eggs.

Convenience and price really.

I generally have 2 eggs per day usually breakfast, not keen on putting raw egg into a shake (concerned about salmonella and I remember reading somewhere that we don't digest raw egg well), plus egg protein powder is a lot cheaper than buying eggs.

Convenience and price really.

You might be better off, with an extra egg, the process used to create the powder rapes the egg of nutrients.

You might be better off, with an extra egg, the process used to create the powder rapes the egg of nutrients.

Have not heard this before, will have a look at it though, always happy to learn more, I was of the understanding that egg powder protein is the highest grade protein out there, even better then WPI, just tastes crap.

Have not heard this before, will have a look at it though, always happy to learn more, I was of the understanding that egg powder protein is the highest grade protein out there, even better then WPI, just tastes crap.

Biological value of Egg protein powder is a perfect 100, Mick. That's before WPI and WPC came along which is slightly above a BV of 100.

We get fixated on the protien content, but more often than not, unless cold pressed, in the processing of these foods which usually involves high pressure and heat..vital enzymes that aid in digestion in that food are destroyed.

Vitamins and minerals are also lost.

Biological value of Egg protein powder is a perfect 100, Mick. That's before WPI and WPC came along which is slightly above a BV of 100.

Cool thanks, always thought that egg was the protein all others are measured against, did not realise that WPI/WPC is more Bioavailable.

30 grams of egg powder has 24 grams of protein.

A large egg contains 6 g of protein, half of which is contained in the yolk. So a serving of egg protein powder is equal to four large whole eggs which also have around 400 calories, while the egg powder is about 120 calories.

A serving of egg protein works out to be about $1.10 which again is equal to 4 whole eggs or around 26 cents per egg.

So the egg powder seems like not bad option, I only add 15 grams to my shake, so thats an extra two eggs worth of protein for about 60 calories.

I thought you previously said your neighbour has way too many eggs from his free range chooks and you get them for free.

He does and a lot of time we do, but there are limits to everything, we go though eggs like there is no tomorrow in my house, no joke on an average day we would go through a minimum of 8 eggs per day, often a lot more.

I generally only have 2-3 eggs per day, I actually get sick of eating them, only had one today, my kids have at least 2-3 each per day, misses usually has 2 per day. I can not stomach eating 4 or 5 eggs. If I eat any more than 2 eggs at a time they sit in my gut like a brick for some reason.

I generally only have 2-3 eggs per day, I actually get sick of eating them, only had one today, my kids have at least 2-3 each per day, misses usually has 2 per day. I can not stomach eating 4 or 5 eggs. If I eat any more than 2 eggs at a time they sit in my gut like a brick for some reason.

I guess it depends how you cook them, I can't get enough eggs. I usually have 2 in the morning and make omelettes. Takes about 5min. Today I had one with gruyere cheese, yesterday sauteed mushrooms. Day before with parsley, before that with tarragon + parsley + gruyere cheese.

There's about million different ways to make an omelette so they don't get boring.

My favorite lunch is 12 scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and tomato sauce. Easy as.

12 eggs in one sitting??? Thats over 1200 calories. There is no way I could eat 12 eggs in one sitting I think I would actually die, two eggs at a time is my limit.

Cant handle eggs on a daily basis these days, not good for me guts, make me feel crook.

Any more than two make me feel ill, 1-2 eggs a sitting is fine for me.

12 eggs in one sitting??? Thats over 1200 calories. There is no way I could eat 12 eggs in one sitting I think I would actually die, two eggs at a time is my limit.

Any more than two make me feel ill, 1-2 eggs a sitting is fine for me.

You can't eat more than 1200 cals in one sitting?!? I can do that in one mouthful :D

You can't eat more than 1200 cals in one sitting?!? I can do that in one mouthful :D

Never said that, I said I cold not eat 12 eggs in one sitting. I normally have around 1200 calories for dinner most nights, but not just made up of eggs.