• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tips On How To Boost Your Energy Level: Nutritional Advice From a 101 Year Old Marath

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Original article: Tips On How To Boost Your Energy Level: Nutritional Advice From a 101 Year Old Marathon Runner
I recently read an interesting article about a guy who somehow had enough energy to run a marathon (in under 6 hours) at the ridiculous age of 101. He also apparently holds 5 new world records (for his age) in different running events. What was his secret?
When asked what his secret was, he confessed that eating a certain combination of foods gives him limitless energy. He discovered that when he ate broccoli, green tea and spirulina his energy levels just skyrocketed. He had no idea why, or how – he just knew that he felt great when he did and ate it every day from then on.
Note: At this point, I realized that whoever wrote the article was now going to try to now promote some sort of supplement containing these foods. For all I know, the story about the marathon runner could be made up as a part of their pitch – but I was more interested in finding out if the part about the broccoli, spirulina and green tea was true. I’m not here to sell any products or supplements, but I did do a little research on why/how this specific combination of foods might have this effect and I thought I’d share what I found.
Spirulina Spirulina is a form of algae and evidently just loaded with nutrients. It’s made up of high quality, healthy proteins, B vitamins, numerous other minerals with various health benefits.
It boosts your immune system by kick starting antibody production and raising the number of cells in your body that help you fight disease and also helps regulate fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Studies indicate that spirulina may also help:

• Regulate blood sugar levels and fat levels in diabetes
  • Slow the growth of cancer
  • Prevent and suppress viral infections
  • Detoxify the liver and kidneys
Broccoli can help fight stress and fatigue. It is packed with vitamin C which helps you recover from physical and emotional stress. Broccoli also has a lot of fiber, which helps stabilize blood sugar. Recent studies suggest consuming vitamin C before, during and after exercise helps balance cortisol (stress hormone) levels following physical activity. Your body releases cortisol when under stress, and overproduction of this hormone leads to exhaustion. This explains why people taking vitamin C report feeling more relaxed in stressful situations, according to studies.
Chromium helps balance blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance – helping your body process glucose more easily. Steady blood sugar means balanced energy and a breather for your adrenal glands.
Broccoli is chock full of fiber – which can help you maintain weight by making you feel more full so you eat less. This means less fat for your mid section – an area that collects stress weight from cortisol production. Fiber also helps to slow the metabolism of glucose – which goes back the benefits of maintaining normal blood sugar levels that were previously mentioned.
Dark color means nutrient dense. The shade of broccoli is a reflection of the amount of beta-carotene it contains. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and boost the immune system. The most health benefits are achieved when broccoli is eaten raw or lightly cooked. The stems are higher in fiber that the florets and the leaves have the most beta carotene – so don’t forget those!
Green Tea has shown to boost exercise performance in many studies. Some of this can be attributed to the caffeine content, the rest to it’s nutritional value. There are different types of green tea- one of which is called matcha green tea, that allegedly contains 10 times the nutritional content and produces a more substantial boost in energy than normal green tea.
The kicker…
When taken together, your digestive system not only receives the nutritional benefits you would get by consuming these foods individually, but this combination somehow also helps your digestive enzymes (the chemicals in your stomach that breaks down food) to absorb more of the nutrients in your system already – so you’re getting more bang for your buck with the food you eat if you include broccoli, spirulina and green tea in your regular diet. Better nutrient extraction = more energy, more strength, better immunity, better mood. Makes sense. Supposedly it takes about a week before you start feeling a real noticeable difference in your energy levels.

Very nice tips. actually can you please provide more details about Green Tea because i read it but i did not understand it so kindly provide further more information....

What would you like to know?
Its a natural fat burner, usually has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee but is better for you. Some variations are lower in caffeine though, like oolong.

Never use boiling water when making it. 90 degrees or put 1/4 cool water in with the rest boiling ;)

Its a natural fat burner, usually has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee but is better for you. Some variations are lower in caffeine though, like oolong.

Never use boiling water when making it. 90 degrees or put 1/4 cool water in with the rest boiling ;)

Thats how I have my green tea! Also because you can drink it right away with half or quarter of cold water in it!

I like all the T2 stuff, big variety in those shops! Pay a bit more for it but its good stuff.
I don't think one brand is better for you than another, provided they're the same tea anyway. Different types of tea like in the OP would be another story though and depends what brands use that tea I guess

Beetroot....Took this superfoods stuff that the missus has,says to take 20g of it roughly 4 teaspoons and mix with 70ml of water.I mixed it with my jacked micro and around 200ml of water and mann had way too much energy.Took it again the following night before workout and used 10grams and still had a big energy increase.

I hate beetroot,but i am going to start liking it for that extra bump lol.

beetroot juice is good

or go for japanese matcha if you want more caffeine

sendmetea.com.au is pretty good for jasmine , peurh , oolong tea

puerh is more like a coffee taste.They take green tea, wok dry it, then leave it to ferment then mould it into shapes.