• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increasing the metabolic rate

In 70kegs ill eat 2 cups dry weight rice with 300 gms chook and then 100gms oats with brotein right after noooooooooo problem, oni you have some competition methinks

I can could easily eat 3000 calories in one sitting but I restrict myself as being morbidly obese isn't good for ones help so 1 & 1/2 cup of oats and 1 & 1/2 of whey will do me PWO

Someone said lots of carbs after working out. What if you work out at night?

They also said high protein pre-training. I've found I have absolutely no energy to train if I do this (ie have no carbs prior to training). It's particularly noticeable on legs day.

I read something about carbs increasing the body's ability to absorb protein post-workout - is that the reasoning? Doesn't sugar suffice? Like a drink of orange/cranberry/honey/etc?

Buy cheapest oats. Blend oats. Put in container.

Egg whites, can get frozen bags from most shops like Coles, Foodlands etc. Golden Eggs is the brand. Otherwise they also have them in milk type cartons.

What about fresh egg whites? Used to buy them in litre bottles back home for fuck all

You can get 500ml cartons of egg whites from Woolies - in different flavours aswell like spinach etc - You get them near the eggs in the fridge.

I think you can also find the 1L frozen egg whites at coles and woollies - but they are a pain in the ass - has a dude doing a one arm curl on the front haha

They're designed to pour into a pan as a lazy mans omelette.
Might give them a go one day and add some more stuff to it

They are quite nice tasting. I like the fetta and spinach one. The standard one is ok too. A little salty than I like but you get that with pre packaged food. 250ml makes a nice snack and the whole lot makes a nice meal.

At $5-6 each, it's an expensive way to consume eggs but they are a good thing if you're on the run some days.

You still can't beat normal scrambled eggs with sauteed spinach and mushrooms!!!