• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best rep range for strength

• 5x5

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3x8

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3x12

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1x3

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Please post , why you voted or any methods you no of getting stronger

I do 2-3 x 4-6 not sure where I'd put my vote.

I don't think there is really a best range as things will only work for so long before you need to switch it up.

Stupid question. Each has it's own training effect. Plus your triples option is only a single set as compared to multiple sets of other options.

Voted other
There is no ideal rep range for strength, you will need every rep range at different stages of training and training age. Consigning yourself to one rep range will only lead to failure. Even the Bulgarian's knew this

A combination, but for "pure strength" I have found nx3 to be one of the best so far. For example, 5x3, 8x3 or 10x3.

Voted other
There is no ideal rep range for strength, you will need every rep range at different stages of training and training age. Consigning yourself to one rep range will only lead to failure. Even the Bulgarian's knew this

You say this like they were stupid at everything else?? I'm gonna fix it for you..

Voted other
There is no ideal rep range for strength, you will need every rep range at different stages of training and training age. Consigning yourself to one rep range will only lead to failure. Even 0ni knows this

You say this like they were stupid at everything else?? I'm gonna fix it for you..

Snatch 2x5 @ 55kgs
Clean pull+hang clean (above knee) (1+1)x5 @ 70kgs
Behind the neck jerk 2x5 @ 50-60kgs
Complex - Deadlift, 3 x hang pulls, squat clean, 2 x split jerks @ 60kgs
Back squat 2x6 @ 96kgs
Accessory work

xD

Snatch 2x5 @ 55kgs
Clean pull+hang clean (above knee) (1+1)x5 @ 70kgs
Behind the neck jerk 2x5 @ 50-60kgs
Complex - Deadlift, 3 x hang pulls, squat clean, 2 x split jerks @ 60kgs
Back squat 2x6 @ 96kgs
Accessory work

xD

What's your point here princess?

That you should have no opinion on strength training at all, due to being weaker than my 18 year old sister who weighs 20kg less than you

That you should have no opinion on strength training at all, due to being weaker than my 18 year old sister who weighs 20kg less than you
Don't be a kunce now 0ni
I recall you having an opinion about everything without knowing what's what.

Lol, you shouldn't have an opinion on a lot of things mate, yet here you are shooting your mouth just like always. Taking a snap shot of one day of my training in a past cycle proves nothing more than you're a troll. You know nothing about me, my training cycle, work training balance, medical conditions. I snatch and clean and jerk more than you, I'm cleaner than you (and your sister), I've seen your clips, laughable at best. Pics of sister don't seem to be loading...

Come to think of it....where did I offer my opinion on strength?