• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best rep range for strength

• 5x5

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3x8

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3x12

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1x3

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Calm down son, a number? What are you on about
You'll get your video, don't you worry

Gee, you're quick to demand shit from me...hope you can back up your claim bud or you're going to look pretty silly. You see it makes no difference to me if you win, but if you lose...well, you're the one dishing out all the advice and the authority on strength, plus you're on the gear...you might not be able to come back from getting beaten by someone with a crappy 100kg clean and jerk that trains alone in the shed...

Gee, you're quick to demand shit from me...hope you can back up your claim bud or you're going to look pretty silly. You see it makes no difference to me if you win, but if you lose...well, you're the one dishing out all the advice and the authority on strength, plus you're on the gear...you might not be able to come back from getting beaten by someone with a crappy 100kg clean and jerk that trains alone in the shed...

haha yeah, sure thing buddy

I don't know why you'd assume oni can't clean 100. He deadlifts 250, even with shit form his clean is going to be low 100s.

The jerk is a different question and should be interesting to see video of him dropping 100 kgs of non-bumpers at a commercial gym.

With a 250kg Deadlift I'd expect a 140-150kg clean with good technique

In fact, I clean around 55% of my 1RM Deadlift, if we work on %'s alone 0ni would need to clean 137.5kg to equal my result...but then he would need to get that above his head as well...He is stronger at pretty all of the lifts over me, so I don't see why he wouldn't beat me... Let's see what happens :)

I want to know why you picked c+j over snatch considering my mobility is dogshit
My shoulder is injured anyway, so we shall see how the jerk goes. I can't lock it out and hold it though but I'll throw it up for sure. I regularly do jump squats with +130kg, so it will be no problem. But of course such shenaniganary comes after my normal training. I need to get my overhead up to +100kg anyway, for SA's strongest man

high road, your 100kg c&j is added to overhead list.

I am looking forward to you and Oni adding to push press comp. Clean it as well if you like.

Last edited:
I want to know why you picked c+j over snatch considering my mobility is dogshit
My shoulder is injured anyway, so we shall see how the jerk goes. I can't lock it out and hold it though but I'll throw it up for sure. I regularly do jump squats with +130kg, so it will be no problem. But of course such shenaniganary comes after my normal training. I need to get my overhead up to +100kg anyway, for SA's strongest man

I didn't pick anything over anything, I said Snatch and Clean and Jerk.