• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best rep range for strength

• 5x5

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3x8

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3x12

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1x3

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Lol. The bloke who jumped on the gear at 60 something kilos and an 80kg bench is bagging other peoples lifts again.

Lets get this straight
You want me to post videos of my lifts as evidence that I am stronger than you
But will not even talk about your personal bests or post videos of yourself, with the only "evidence" to the contrary are training logs from a month ago c+j 100kg and use a video of me from 9 months ago?
And you want to see "pictures" of my sister?

Well unless high road wants to step up with a new video of his current max, I'll leave it there

Lets get this straight
You want me to post videos of my lifts as evidence that I am stronger than you
But will not even talk about your personal bests or post videos of yourself, with the only "evidence" to the contrary are training logs from a month ago c+j 100kg and use a video of me from 9 months ago?
And you want to see "pictures" of my sister?

Yup, nailed it.

Easy win for you huh? Well let's see it, talk is cheap chump, no clip = win to me

Sure thing, I'll ignore the fact you said you've regressed since then
10 years older than me? lmao 33 years old you're just entering your prime. Of course you ignore that you're 10kg heavier than me but whatever, I'll get that video

Voted other
There is no ideal rep range for strength, you will need every rep range at different stages of training and training age. Consigning yourself to one rep range will only lead to failure. Even the Bulgarian's knew this

I mostly agree with this prescription, although there are certainly exercises that work better in different rep ranges, and of course there's that whole individuality thing making different people generally respond better to certain rep ranges.

High Road's beef with your comment seemed to be that, as it was written, it implied that the Bulgarians didn't know what they were doing, thus it was some sort of noteworthy achievement for them to figure out that they should use more than one rep range. I don't think that's what you were saying, but I can see it being read that way. Whether or not he has any authority on strength training is irrelevant in this instance.

I think the idea that there's a specific rep range for strength is a misnomer. The whole 1-5 for strength, 6-12 for hypertrophy thing indicates that, in general, with more volume you'll build muscle and with more intensity you'll optimise your use of that muscle. When you look at programs like Coan's classic 12 week peak (working from 10's through to a 1RM), it's not as if the first half of the program isn't building strength, even though the strength produced will be seen most profoundly in the lower rep ranges at the end of the program.

Sure thing, I'll ignore the fact you said you've regressed since then
10 years older than me? lmao 33 years old you're just entering your prime. Of course you ignore that you're 10kg heavier than me but whatever, I'll get that video

Waiting....

I won't ignore the fact that your taking gear, fucking cheater.... :)

The Bulgarian comment was aimed at their (apparent) prescription for singles and doubles with limit weights when the reality is they did lots of bodybuilding exercises

The Bulgarian comment was aimed at their (apparent) prescription for singles and doubles with limit weights when the reality is they did lots of bodybuilding exercises

Clip isn't loading...neither is pics of sister...

Ohhh, and here I expected you had a clip read to go....well give me a number and you can back it up with a clip tomorrow...

You probably still live at home with mum and sis, surely you can upload those pics now...

Calm down son, a number? What are you on about
You'll get your video, don't you worry