• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to Diet - Lean Bulking, Cutting, Macros, Supplements, Everything Explained.

jj80

This series on dieting covers just about everything, and it's by Eric Helms (natural bodybuilder and trainer). He practices what he preaches with pretty decent results, and has a number of clients.

It's basically like a free no-BS ebook that's read to you. The only con? You need a concentration span. I've found it very informative which is why I'm posting it up. I'd go so far as to say it is by FAR the most non-bs presentation of basic information to do with bodybuilding which, if followed, WILL get you results.

He splits dieting into 6 parts and presents it as a pyramid - with each successive part of the pyramid being less critical. E.g., calories (level 1) are more important than nutrient timing (level 4). Time your meals perfectly but eat 8000 calories on a cut and you will set yourself up for failure.

Part 1: Introducing the Pyramid and Calories
Part 2: Macronutrients and Fibre
Part 3: Micronutrients, Vitamins, Minerals and Water
Part 4: Nutrient Timing and Frequency (including intermittent fasting)
Part 5: Supplementation (creatine, beta alanine, all the supplements you see in the shops)
Part 6: Lifestyle and Behaviour

So, here it is:

Part 1: Introducing the Pyramid and Calories
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvW6xBZjSk

Part 2: Macronutrients and Fibre
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mic4IELz61w

Part 3: Micronutrients, Vitamins, Minerals and Water
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFFrBByv-E

Part 4: Nutrient Timing and Frequency (including intermittent fasting)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6wkDDnSKV0

Part 5: Supplementation (creatine, beta alanine, all the supplements you see)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tp3ZIFKkLg

Part 6: Lifestyle and Behaviour
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpKW7sxXPY

@admin; if others watch and agree this is as good as I think it is, perhaps a sticky?

I think it would be a good idea to make this a sticky - even if it simply keeps it at the top of the page and opens up some discussions regarding dieting etc. Good post.

P.S hope Max-ot is going well.

Watched the first two so far.. I like it. Goes into just enough detail without getting too bogged down on the fine print.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Eric Helms and the team at 3dmj put out so much free information. Ive seen all of these a little while ago and found them to be very informative. No broscience bullshit.

Try inserting "ss" before any youtube link to download it. There are other ways but I use this one if I want to get a video to use for a presentation or something.