• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking to set up a home gym $1400-$1500 budget

C

Chode

So far I've been looking at this package http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/3-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-FIBEV-flat-incline-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1095/530.htm
+ Upgrade to Olympic Barbell_Needle Bearing_Rated 600kg $75.00
+ Upgrade to ASFID super FID bench $55.00

Which is $1225 + Delivery + any extra weights I can fit in the budget

But I'm not too sure how delivery prices work on gym direct. I might be able to pick-up if it's in the area (South Brisbane) and if it could fits in a sedan.

Was wondering if you guys could give some suggestions.

another couple of things I would consider would be rubber gym flooring depending on where your setting it up and maybe some bands

I got s similar deal from gymdirect a couple of years ago but got it delivered to my brothers place in Perth to save shipping. I used a trailer to pick it up though. I doubt you would fit it in a sedan.

one other thing to consider is a weight tree or you could always knock one up of your handy on the tools

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I intend to have the power rack outside of the house, undercover and on a concrete blocks floor so don't know if I need rubber flooring. I'll also look at getting a weight tree in the future, can't afford one right now but I'll have the weights on the rack/floor for the time being.

Can anyone give me an estimate on how much delivery will be? I'm in Brisbane according to Gym Direct's deilvery zones guide. How do I know if i need "Tail Gate Truck"?

uprights will be about 1.8-2m long, ... struggle to fit in a sedan.. wagon maybe..

boxes heavy, and they probably stick stuff on pallets for easy forklift loading.
no forklift = need hydraulic tailgate to get from truck innards to ground level
so deliver to house needs tailgate (they say)

the rack should weigh around 80-90kg, and the bench around 30kg

Last edited:
I had mine delivered to my house without the tailgate option, comes in a few separate boxes which aren't heavy. Just lifted them out of the truck bed, just make sure you are home to help the driver

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I intend to have the power rack outside of the house, undercover and on a concrete blocks floor so don't know if I need rubber flooring. I'll also look at getting a weight tree in the future, can't afford one right now but I'll have the weights on the rack/floor for the time being.

Can anyone give me an estimate on how much delivery will be? I'm in Brisbane according to Gym Direct's deilvery zones guide. How do I know if i need "Tail Gate Truck"?

They will be able to give you a total costs for delivery. I don't think they re-open to the 13th of January though.

nah they aren't open until the 13th of January I've tried emailing for a quote as well (I'm after pretty much the same package) and they haven't responded so they are really taking a break not just closing the showroom!!

I got my force USA Commercial Rack delivered in a transit van by courier and I helped unload (some boxes in the 70kg range)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if gym direct has a place where I can pick up in Brisbane Queensland?