• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

tired after protein shake

Kranky

Grandpa
my usual work day routine is to wake at around 5 am and head to the depot at 6,leave depot at 6.30 and then travel to my destination,usually arriving around 10 am and have my first meal on arrival,sometimes oats,weetbix or a couple of sandwiches.

on my return I was having a protein shake with milk at around the 12.30 mark,approx 1-1.5 hrs later I start feeling very tired and really struggle for a while.

Lately I have not been having the shake and the tiredness has not been a problem

Is it possible a protein shake made with milk can have this effect

Could be to many carbs in the protein shake especially if it's a bulking powder.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Could be to many carbs in the protein shake especially if it's a bulking powder.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

It's not bulking powder but it is around 900 cals from memory,3 scoops protein,500 ml full cream milk and 45 gram peanut butter

I bet it's the full cream milk.

Trying changing to skim milk or water.

When I first started I use to have my shakes will full cream milk, add I had the same symptoms. Until one night I had a shake before bed, and felt like there was a demon crawling through my intestines.
Swapped to skim milk and felt much better, swapped to water and I've never felt better.

I bet it's the full cream milk.

Trying changing to skim milk or water.

When I first started I use to have my shakes will full cream milk, add I had the same symptoms. Until one night I had a shake before bed, and felt like there was a demon crawling through my intestines.
Swapped to skim milk and felt much better, swapped to water and I've never felt better.

I don't ever remember getting tired from milk but it's worth a try,it's handy for me being able to drink a meal

my guess is allergy to dairy proteins. try shake with water, tgis will tel you if its protein based as there is little lactose. if it doesnt happen try with skim milk.

My guess its just luck and a bit of conformation bias.

Write it down for a few weeks. What you eat at 12 and how you feel after to see it its real rather than relying on memory.

Your memory is actually terrible for remembering specific information like that over a period of time.

I'll put a single serve of craze on it.
If you don't feel better taking your shakes with water, I'll mail you a double scoop of craze.

With a teaspoon and a lighter.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk