• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What equipment or supplements have you wasted money on including gimmick stuff?

How so??

Liver tablets contain amino acids, protein, iron and other essential nutrients and at a cheap price can't see how that is a gimmic?? That would be like saying steak or chicken is a waste of money or gimmick.

Price wise for what you get.

Just get a steak.

Price wise for what you get.

Just get a steak.

I do, had half a kilo of it yesterday for dinner , was delicious too.

Have a kilo of of chicken waiting for me for dinner.

Does not stop me from taking my six liver tablets a day. :)

When I was 18/19 and first got into it I bought anything with a good ad lol

Liquid creatine, gloves, cheap belts, fat burners, pro hormones from bb.com, fancy big brand expensive supps - I think I had the whole muscle tech range at one stage lol .. The list goes on and on :p

Something I DIDN'T waste money on - an AbCircle (RRP a couple of hundred $).

Great adds on telly - and I wouldn't mind my wife having the body of the girl demonstrating it ...

Anyway, saw one on the side of the road during a Council rubbish chuck-out week, and picked it up.

Tried it a few times - and my wife gave it quite a good try-out, over a month or so.

Great way to wreck you knees, as well as your back.

When Council clean-up day came to our area, out it went again ...

Something I DIDN'T waste money on - an AbCircle (RRP a couple of hundred $).

Great adds on telly - and I wouldn't mind my wife having the body of the girl demonstrating it ...

Anyway, saw one on the side of the road during a Council rubbish chuck-out week, and picked it up.

Tried it a few times - and my wife gave it quite a good try-out, over a month or so.

Great way to wreck you knees, as well as your back.

When Council clean-up day came to our area, out it went again ...

What's an abcircle:confused:

What's an abcircle:confused:

You obviously don't watch enough morning television :)

images

It's the thing this girl's kneeling on.

You twist your back left and right until (if you're a woman), you end up looking like her.

The television ads feature a pretty ripped-looking bloke as well, but I can't find him on the internet now.

Creatine. There will be a few who disagree.

A few test boosters that I can't remember.

Oly dumbell handles.

I was hoping someone would say Cybergenics. I never bought them but I remember them being around.

Creatine -complete waste of money. It came right after the Inosine craze which didn't work either.

You obviously don't watch enough morning television :)

images

It's the thing this girl's kneeling on.

You twist your back left and right until (if you're a woman), you end up looking like her.

The television ads feature a pretty ripped-looking bloke as well, but I can't find him on the internet now.

Haha I can see how that will work.....not:p

And no I do not watch any television life is too short, already waste enough on the Internet :)

Creatine -complete waste of money. It came right after the Inosine craze which didn't work either.

Creatine is one of the few supplements that is actually proven to work on most people, I think the dosage recommended is too low for many.

This is a good topic, in the fitness "industry" it can sometimes be hard to sort the scams from the good stuff. I'd say that generally anything on an infomercial is junk. Broscience can be harder to filter through because sometimes there's a bit of truth to it.

I feel whey and creatine are good value. I like the kick my (ridiculously expensive) pre-workout sup gives me. And there's no substitute for a barbell and a big stack of plates.

This is my confession:
Bought tribulus once.
Bought some other herbal fat loss rubbish..
Equipment wise I've got a useless chin up bar that goes in a doorway.
I don't use my boxing gear anymore and I sold my treadmill, but I did get a fair bit of good use out of them.

I'm always annoyed I bought a half rack instead of spending a little extra and getting a power rack... I just thought it would do the job, but it means I'm too scared to fail a squat.

Worst mistake of all; I once got a fitness first membership.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I beg to differ on the fitness first membership....it depends on the gym. My fitness first gym has a power rack and all the free weights I need. I wouldn't generalise the whole franchise just on some bad gyms and there are some out there. This is the same for all other franchises.

Back on topic I think I've wasted money on mass gainers when really I should have been looking at my diet in general!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on the fitness first membership....it depends on the gym. My fitness first gym has a power rack and all the free weights I need. I wouldn't generalise the whole franchise just on some bad gyms and there are some out there. This is the same for all other franchises.

Well I suppose a gym is what you make of it.
This gym was just too focused on profit. They had all their nice shiny machines and equipment which made it look attractive, but once they sign you up there's no support, no care. They don't want people to use the gym, as long as you keep paying your money.

Also I'm not really a fan of places without any employee trainers. The contractor PTs at places like fitness first don't give a shit about anyone who isn't paying them. At least employees will give some advice or show people how to use equipment properly and safely.

On the plus side it was close to work and the showers were pretty good.