• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What equipment or supplements have you wasted money on including gimmick stuff?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
The fitness industry is filled with rip-off infomercials , diet fads .what have you thrown your hard earned money away on, that ended up,under the bed, in a closet, given away, put in a garage sale or dumpster?

it would be easier for me to list the things I haven't spent money on.

Fat burners
Belts, gloves, straps
Protein, casein, WPC, WPI
A million different Pre WO's
Carbs powders
Multi Vitamins
Personal Trainers

The only two things I can think of is 18 months of using No Bull Milk Powder sold as Protein Powder:mad:

The other is Kettle Bells, that fad lasted about 10 minutes for me before they hit eBay:p

Don't normally fall into fads and gimmicks, just training and lifting weights for me.

Most things I have bought under the brand name of Force USA have turned out to be junk - Seated Calf Raise, Battle Rope, Power Hooks to name a few.

In the mid 90`s I bought a whole heap of supplements under the name of Cybergenics.

It was a 60 day program of vitamins and training and some protein. Nothing really new but as a 17 year old kid I was convinced I was gonna be the next Mr O!

The way I look at supp's is this;

If it really works well, you're either deficient in something, or there's something in there that shouldn't be.

Supplements don't really work like magic.

If you get more than a minor benefit, something might be wrong,

Creatine. There will be a few who disagree.

A few test boosters that I can't remember.

Oly dumbell handles.

I was hoping someone would say Cybergenics. I never bought them but I remember them being around.

Creatine. There will be a few who disagree.

A few test boosters that I can't remember.

Oly dumbell handles.

I was hoping someone would say Cybergenics. I never bought them but I remember them being around.

Lol I was so full of hope as a young kid! The box looked so awesome!

Oly dumbbell handles were also a waste for me.

I also bought a fair few 5000cal mega mass gainers! They were so foul. One serve later I would be crapping it all out again lol!

A heap of supplements of course....

In regards to equipment - cant think of anything off the top of my head - when we opened the gym we were pretty carefull with what we bought - GHR is a fantastic bit of equipment if you know how to use it!

I also bought a fair few 5000cal mega mass gainers! They were so foul. One serve later I would be crapping it all out again lol!

Reminds me of Russian Bear weight gainer -

4LB Tub -

3 servings per tub

5 scoops a serve

Per Serve -

2600 calories
184g Protein
391g carbs

Last edited:
A heap of supplements of course....

In regards to equipment - cant think of anything off the top of my head - when we opened the gym we were pretty carefull with what we bought - GHR is a fantastic bit of equipment if you know how to use it!

Lol. Why do I always get this when I say GHR didn't work for me. Of course I bloody know how to use it. It doesn't take a fucking degree.

I went from barely being able to do 1 rep to be able to knock out endless sets of 10 after a few months. Did them every day. I got heaps better at doing GHRs but no better at the other lifts.

I find doing back raises on the GHR machine a better exercise.

Last edited:
The only two things I can think of is 18 months of using No Bull Milk Powder sold as Protein Powder:mad:

The other is Kettle Bells, that fad lasted about 10 minutes for me before they hit eBay:p

Don't normally fall into fads and gimmicks, just training and lifting weights for me.

Liver tablets ?

Liver tablets ?

How so??

Liver tablets contain amino acids, protein, iron and other essential nutrients and at a cheap price can't see how that is a gimmic?? That would be like saying steak or chicken is a waste of money or gimmick.