• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where do I get accurate $#@$ scales?

jj80

Every time I step on my Target ones I get a different weight. If I weigh my calibrated plates I get different readings to the marked values.

Has anyone cared enough to get some good ones and can tell me where to go?

We have electronic Big W ones and they work perfectly within .1 of a kilo, I can step off and on 5 times and it will give the exact same reading every time. They do not have a brand on them but are glass top.

Make sure you are on a level good floor when using your scales.

Yeah I have big w ones that do the job... Consistent in the weight they give me

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I got some from Harris Scarf and they seem to be consist ant, not sure if they are 100% accurate but as long as they are consistent and you weigh yourself at the same time of day, they will give you and idea.

get a decent brand like Tanita or AnD...

or just buy a few cheapies until you find one that reads repeatably :)

I got a great set off eBay.
Never had an issue, even if it's .5 or even a kilo off the scales at the gym.
If I see it moving up each week I know I'm gaining weight.