• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, I enjoy growing my tomatoes and other stuff

Only problem is netting will have to be permanent after fruit flies in apricots next door. It is a war out there, man v insects.

My Nashis and Willians pears are being smashed by the local birdlife. Trees are only 3 years old but finally gained a bumper crop this year.
Figs are surviving but taking forever to ripen!

Mine took forever to grow more than 3 - 6 fruits. My tree is about 10 years old and no more than 8ft high. Only this year did I get more than 6 fruits!
As soon as they ripen I eat them!
our fig tree in pot is still not fruiting, 18 months in.

Figs! There is a scraggly sixty year old bastard in our yard that people have being trying to kill for decades. Invincible.

January to February is race between humans, horses and ants. Ants won last year.

Thanks for your no answer kunce, I'll resort to my oldmans, very long wog poison everyone so doctors can make more $$$$$ theory. :(

The Rosellas last year were real bad, stripping everything off the trees. I think it's because it was a bad year for fruit down here last year. This year the trees are all loaded and the birds are not an issue yet. Teh fukkers is about but not eating the green apples….. yet.

One of my apricots. You cannot buy an apricot that tastes like fresh picked home grown. Dat chit iz anabolik.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
three more plants today.

Now have 1 mandarin, 4 orange trees, I cherry, 1 almond, 2 plums, 1 fig, 1 nectarine, 1 peach, 1 avocado, 1 lemon, 2 apples and 2 blueberries.

Also 3 vegetable patches.

Also, from over fence, have 2 passionfruit, 1 apricot, 1 lime, 1 grapefruit, and 1 raspberry.

three more plants today.

Now have 1 mandarin, 4 orange trees, I cherry, 1 almond, 2 plums, 1 fig, 1 nectarine, 1 peach, 1 avocado, 1 lemon, 2 apples and 2 blueberries.

Also 3 vegetable patches.

Also, from over fence, have 2 passionfruit, 1 apricot, 1 lime, 1 grapefruit, and 1 raspberry.

completely jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have a small garden (700sqm block), so will find it hard to plant more fruit trees.

I am hoping for one more almond and nectarine in time, and then just small stuff that does not grow tall.

Most of my trees are dwarf, so much easier to manage and protect from fruit fly with sleeves and so on.

I find the garden a great hobby as I get older.

Sport, foxtel, garden, wife and daughter; that is all I need.

we've currently got the following ready to pick or getting there:

chicory
bastardised hybrid of spinach and silverbeet (the "wog" veggie that all Italians seem to grow lol)
broccoli
fennel
cauliflower
cabbage
radicchio and lettuces

my herbs seem to be going gangbusters despite the cold:
Mint, Lemon thyme, flat leaf parsley, sage, rosemary, oregano, and lemon balm

still have hot cayennes, habaneros and savinas fruiting and a whole tree of rocotos (if anyone wants hot chillies in Melb, let me know lol).

I only have a small garden (700sqm block), so will find it hard to plant more fruit trees.

I am hoping for one more almond and nectarine in time, and then just small stuff that does not grow tall.

Most of my trees are dwarf, so much easier to manage and protect from fruit fly with sleeves and so on.

I find the garden a great hobby as I get older.

Sport, foxtel, garden, wife and daughter; that is all I need.

Yeah, I get that :)

I need to get at least a dwarf lemon and maybe a lime or yuzu. I'd kill for a yuzu tree.
Would love fruit trees but my garden just does not have the room. Plus it's hard to grow stuff here as we have massive boulders underground that seem to hinder good gardening. Pots and raised beds are the usual solution in my area.