• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
well, I don't get much work these days, but have been adding to garden on our small property.

Now have 3 types of orange tree, one mandarin, one cherry, one nectarine, one peach, one lemon, one avocado.

Have 3 vegetable plots (raised, lots of tomatoes, strawberries, garlic, herbs, capsicums and so on.

Also have apricots, passionfruit, raspberries growing over fence from next door.

Fig tee has not provided fruit yet, and will plant some blueberries and grapes in 2015.

just for a small home garden,its better to grow organically imo.they do taste better.you also have to take into consideration by the time it gets to the supermarket,its not really fresh anymore.

of course the bigger the operation,the more need for synthetic compounds as its harder to control pests and diseases.You also have time constraints.

And if you are producing commercially its a no brainer unless u have a market for it which some growers do.

its a matter of opinion..im happy to read some sort of study suggesting otherwise,but your intuition would tell you the less synthetic chemicals you ingest,the more healthier
you would be.
Bazza seems to think the opposite.of course being a commercial milk producer he has a vested interest in these matters.

Last edited:
of course the bigger the operation,the more need for synthetic compounds as its harder to control pests.

It's more to do with the synthetic chemicals used are advancements on the original "organic" chemicals and are more effective and often safer.

not everyone thinks artificial is better dude.there hasnt been enough research to back up your side of the story.plus as i suggested, financial gain is enough to disregard any possible side effects.
not every one likes steroids,fake tits, or super sized fruit and veges.

look im not disrespecting what growers have to do to make a living.its hard work.id kill myself from the stress.however its like comparing apples to oranges when deciding how to grow a small plot compared to acres and acres of a full scale commercial operation.then the rules change.

you keep moving goalposts too..we are talking about a small home garden.
Constantly listing logical fallacies doesn't make you sound smart especially when you keep getting them wrong.

I didn't move the goal posts, I replied to the part of the thread I quoted.

not everyone thinks artificial is better dude.there hasnt been enough research to back up your side of the story.plus as i suggested, financial gain is enough to disregard any possible side effects.
not every one likes steroids,fake tits, or super sized fruit and veges.

I didn't say artificial is better. Just that something being labeled organic doesn't mean it's healthier, better or safer for you.

We use plenty of chemicals that are classed as organic, not because they are organic but because they are effective. When synthetic variations are more effective and often safer we use them, it's often just advancements in technology.

There is nothing about being organic that makes something better or safer for you. It's basically just a restriction in technology for no good reason.

Everyone getting worked up over a veggie garden.
Lmao.

I get plenty worked up too if my veggie crop didn't flush out properly prior to harvest or the buds have seeded and they have such a crackly nasty taste. Science rules!

Constantly listing logical fallacies doesn't make you sound smart especially when you keep getting them wrong.

I didn't move the goal posts, I replied to the part of the thread I quoted.

I didn't say artificial is better. Just that something being labeled organic doesn't mean it's healthier, better or safer for you.

We use plenty of chemicals that are classed as organic, not because they are organic but because they are effective. When synthetic variations are more effective and often safer we use them, it's often just advancements in technology.

There is nothing about being organic that makes something better or safer for you. It's basically just a restriction in technology for no good reason.

Can you stay on topic?let me remind you we are discussing small home gardens and secondly personal preference regarding taste.Then theres the long term side effects(whether their are any or not) of using synthetic chemicals to enhance the crop.
look ill be honest im going to digress,i reckon dairy farmers have caused a lot of pollution in NZ so therefore i have a bit of a mistrust of what you guys have to say.Your financially motivated.Our long term health is secondary.
Its your opinion whether something is better for the general public.YOUR OPINION.
Whether you are providing to the economy wont mean a lot to future generations when they have to clean up the mess.

Last edited:
im feeling a bit of manlet aggravation at this guy insulting my intelligence,when i have seen with my own eyes the results of what synthetic compounds can do to an environment.he has no idea what it can do to someones health either.it hasnt been studied for long enough.
over and out.

Woody actually looks like he is trying to use the naturalistic fallacy. That natural chemicals must be ok and synthetic chemicals automatically equal bad when it's clearly not the case.

No, you misunderstood me. Chemicals have a time and place, especially in mass production. The issue, for me, is that with home grown food I know what chemicals are used. With mass produced stuff I have no idea what chemicals have been used. I use a common tomato plant food, and another for my orange tree. Those are chemicals but at least I know what's in them.

Besides that, as previously stated, my issue is mainly with taste. Stuff in supermarkets can be weeks old before it hits the shelves, depending on the product. If I want a tomato on my salad or fried up with my bacon and mushrooms, I can just walk outside and pick one.

To live in a modern western society, we have to put up with some shit. In Australia, we put up with shit veges cos it's easier than growing your own.

Strangely enough, in Italy, all the tomatoes I tasted and smelt were like home garden stuff. As did the grapes. That's because they don't put up with shit food. Here, we let the fukkers get away with murder.

Speaking of those greedy fukkers:

Woolworths buyers have told suppliers their products could be pulled from shelves just days before Christmas if they refuse to fund the supermarket giant's new Cheap Cheap advertising campaign.

Read more: Woolworths' Christmas threat to suppliers

Is this a face you can trust?

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6429350412a73pimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.12a16o.png1418951677674.jpg-300x0.jpg

I think I recall A Current Affair doing a piece which found some fruit in Supermarkets can be up to a year old. Supermarket chains preserve seasonal fruit and vegies so scarcity is lessened.

I think I recall A Current Affair doing a piece which found some fruit in Supermarkets can be up to a year old. Supermarket chains preserve seasonal fruit and vegies so scarcity is lessened.

Yeah, like apples. They don't grow in summer so all through the hot season we are eating storaged fruit. Which is not bad, compared with importing vegies halfway around the world in a refridgerated vessel. Asparagus from Mexico... wtf?