• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Doctor turned Asia-Pacific Heavyweight Natural Bodybuilding champ shares tips

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
642910-6f2e4d74-58cc-11e3-91fc-06d72b5e2601.jpg

Dr Babak Eskandari-Marandi is a surgeon, but has diversified to the more hyperbolic world of sporting supplements, with a new store in Carindale called Q Sport Supplements. Picture: Peter Cronin Source: News Limited

Babak Eskandari-Marandi has been a practising doctor for more than a decade, but his interest in health and fitness began when he was teased at the pool for being skinny.

"We were around the pool when I was about 12 and everyone said 'look at him he's so skinny with his ribs sticking out'," Dr Eskandari-Marandi said.
"That was one of the defining moments of my life."
Polite and reserved, he fought back with sticks and stones of a different kind.
"I made a dumbbell out of two rocks and a twig. My parents felt sorry for me after a couple of weeks and brought me a little dumbbell."
Today the Carindale doctor is a sports medicine buff, assistant surgeon, Asia Pacific Heavy Weight Natural Bodybuilding champion and now the entrepreneur behind Q Sports Supplements in Carina.
Dr Eskandari-Marandi wants to dispel the hyperbole common to the industry. He said his whole career in medicine had been founded on an obsession with muscles.
"From the age when I started doing exercise I was keen to find out how muscles work and the muscles I wanted to grow. In high school people were reading novels, I was reading anatomy books and exercise physiology books, which just paved the way."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...hamp-shares-tips/story-fni9r1nj-1226773642937

Not sure I would want a heavy handed surgeon working on my entrails, from the looks of those forearms he would crush some vital parts pretty easily!