• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] Bike purchasing

front suspension and fat tyres can be useful if you are jumping up and down curbs around the city. bumps are less jarring than a roadie
even cheap front sus bikes have shock lockouts to make them rigid these days

have a giant alias mtb , front suspension only which i can lock out so that the suspension has minimal travel, like the front suspension as it helps with the road surface terrain is your normal road surface the povo style road surface not the nice smooth type

i like the knobbies as they provide a bit more resistance to punctures

as i said i noticed no real difference in speed between knobbies and slicks

My bike is a Merida Cross 4, which has 700C wheels and a higher geering, which probably makes the difference notable. I've got 50-34 (not stock) & 27-12 , compared to your 44-22 and 34-11.

Road I go on wanders between smooth and rough, and plenty of bumps, potholes and loose gravel. Anything loose is crap on slicks though, might as well be riding on ice.

Silly question, how are you measuring speed? I've got a Garmin Edge 500, which records both wheel speed & GPS.

I've only had three punctures on my tires -- bit of glass, chunk of steel, and broken spoke. No tire would stand up to the latter two.

This isn't particularly an argument though, I just don't get how you couldn't feel the speed difference.

big lats = more wind resistance than wheel size resistance? :D

I'm about 4-5k's slower on MTB, but it's 3-4kg heavier, dual suspension, and knobby 2.1's