• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Married People With Kids And Training

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you train with any consistency?

What tips/tricks/tactics have you adapted to get a healthy balance of work family and gym

Wife and two kids 3years and the other is 10months.

I train at lunch time, I have a gym a work that has a heap of free weights. I ride to work two days a week if the weather is good. If I didn't have a gym at work then I would probably train at a 24 hr gym and go after dinner.

Need to make look like it's not dictating your life, be flexible with times, train around family commitments, don't show you're in the shits when you have to miss a workout and eat wife's food without too many complaints.
Simple rules that allow me to sustain tarining, family and career.

I have wife and 3 young kids.. I used to get up early and go before work, now I have squat rack n whatnot at home so train after the kids go to bed at night. Wife sometimes joins in

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I've found that family will work with any routine once it's set, they key IMO is to pick whatever is going to be the easiest routine to form

Me, I used to train 5am, now with oly lifting I train at about 6pm, 3 nights, plus a Saturday session, I come home, help with baths, dinner etc, then take off when they are fairly settled

Married and 3. Travel overseas a bit, often no gym.

Train when possible, simple compound exercises only, no time consuming cardio shit and listen to your body. If you know there is going to be a lay off from training, train like a MF and eat until little chunks are coming back up.

I have wife and 3 young kids.. I used to get up early and go before work, now I have squat rack n whatnot at home so train after the kids go to bed at night. Wife sometimes joins in

Same here, wife and 3 kids, train at home in the evening one kids in bed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wife and 2, train during my lunch break at work and the gym is in the same building so can get a decent 45 - 60 min session in.

What jobs do you guys have to get a lunch break long enough to fit in a gym session?? My lunch is usually barely long enough to have a quick feed then back into it, or eat on the run while checking emails or stopped on the side of the road while driving to a job.

Never had a job where my lunch went for hours.

Anyway, I generally just train when I get home from work, not sure how kids have any effect on it?? Kids do what they are told when they are told, they know not to disturb me when I am training.

Missus?? Not sure what she has to do with it either, she is too busy in the kitchen preparing dinner while I train.

What jobs do you guys have to get a lunch break long enough to fit in a gym session?? My lunch is usually barely long enough to have a quick feed then back into it, or eat on the run while checking emails or stopped on the side of the road while driving to a job.

Anyway, I generally just train when I get home from work, not sure how kids have any effect on it?? Kids do what they are told when they are told, they know not to disturb me when I am training.

Missus?? Not sure what she has to do with it either, she is too busy in the kitchen preparing dinner while I train.

Software tester (QA), we can basically work our own hours as long as the work is done and we put in the time, so in effect i could actually have a 2hr lunch break if i wanted and work between 7:30 and 5:30 if i so wished. But i also have lunch at my desk when i get back.

Cool, flexi hours type thing, my wife use to have them years ago in an office job she had, I can see how that would be handy.

You tell 'em Mick, you Neandethal

Im married 3 young kids.I train at home around 1pm after work or on my day off (mid week).

I actually make an effort to spend time with my wife and kids in the evening.. But hey, you've always got the 1960s to look forward to.