• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist wraps / Lifting Straps

0ni's road to the 2014 Sydney GPA Worlds

I put wrist wraps and eblow sleeves on from 60kg. If you wear them in comp wear them in training.

Can you even wear elbow selves in a comp?

What weight are you benching that you need wrist wraps?

I put wrist wraps and eblow sleeves on from 60kg. If you wear them in comp wear them in training.

Do you have any fun when you train, you seem so serious about your "sport" all the time, it's Australian powerlifting not Olympic track and field, shouldn't you just be in it for some laughs and comraderie

So much butthurt over wrist wraps
what else can you expect from people that spend their Christmas Day hating on me online?

Do you have any fun when you train, you seem so serious about your "sport" all the time, it's Australian powerlifting not Olympic track and field, shouldn't you just be in it for some laughs and comraderie

Some people are just serious all the time Brick.
A little bit socially dysfunctional, forums are good for these types.

I get sick of the constant whining and shit talking directed at 0ni, in every thread it gets old really fast. If ypu kept it to this or one other thread i wouldnt care, but its like you follow 0ni around the site.

This morning i was using 165kg with a shirt, i warm up with elbow sleeves use wrist wraps frpm 60kg
onwards.

I love training, if i didnt i would do it for three hours. If you dont want to take it seriousky thats fine, but some of us do.

Yeah Silverback, it's front squatting that does it
If I wear wraps all the time, no problem
They don't stop me from developing in any way shape or form so I just put them on lightly

I rate my wrist wraps as prob the most important thing in my gym bag. I've broke both wrists when I was young, growth plate on one also. Use my wrist wraps once I get to 100kg, then small elbow sleeves after 180kg, just for a bit of support and keep me healthy really :)

Not at all, but if you don't want to discuss it, I don't really care.

Not really including you gooby, you're a top member
As I said before, front squats give me the bad wrists, if I wear wraps all the time, it's never an issue and I live pain free. They don't need to be on tight, I can wrap them once and leave them on entire training session. Squats, they need to be on tighter

Not really including you gooby, you're a top member
As I said before, front squats give me the bad wrists, if I wear wraps all the time, it's never an issue and I live pain free. They don't need to be on tight, I can wrap them once and leave them on entire training session. Squats, they need to be on tighter

You're ok, just don't follow the shit about all that steroid talk, otherwise, keep up the good work.

You lift, I lift, that's all that matters.

I get sick of the constant whining and shit talking directed at 0ni, in every thread it gets old really fast. If ypu kept it to this or one other thread i wouldnt care, but its like you follow 0ni around the site.

This morning i was using 165kg with a shirt, i warm up with elbow sleeves use wrist wraps frpm 60kg

onwards.

I love training, if i didnt i would do it for three hours. If you dont want to take it seriousky thats fine, but some of us do.

What's wrist wraps got to do with taking lifting seriously?

Unless you got a serious injury I don't see the need for wrist wraps. Shouldn't your wrists be strong enough to hold a bar. That would be my aim anyway.

Whats the angle here?

Im with liam. Sick of the constant bullshit and bickering. Its a very old thing now and hardly productive.

I use the wraps. Keeps my wrists solid as fuck. Exactly how you want them. Mine go on at 100kg. I dont "need" them. But are welcome insurance.

And whats wrong with taking our sport seriously? :)
We have alot of laughs...I wouldnt worry about that, just turn up to any national comp.

Tim.