• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you have any injuries that prevent you from performing certain exercises?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What injuries have you guys had or are currently experiencing that prevent you from performing certain exercises, and what changes did you make to how you train?

Yeah, inflamed elbows give my tricep workout grief.
Should be g2g once I get some grease nipples tapped into them. ;)

knees, left shoulder, both triceps tendons, lower back, left quad tendon. right hamstring tendon is on the way out.

i'm 32 and probably at the end of my training life from going too hard, too much, too often.

i have chronic degenerative arthritis and tendonitis. which will probably never heal.

can't train legs anymore, no squats, no deadlifts, no shoulder pressing. can really only use resistance bands for a bicep "workout" on a good day, can only pump triceps with light pushdowns and every gym session something snaps, breaks or tears.

it all catches up in the end.

;520578 said:
knees, left shoulder, both triceps tendons, lower back, left quad tendon. right hamstring tendon is on the way out.

i'm 32 and probably at the end of my training life from going too hard, too much, too often.

i have chronic degenerative arthritis and tendonitis. which will probably never heal.

can't train legs anymore, no squats, no deadlifts, no shoulder pressing. can really only use resistance bands for a bicep "workout" on a good day, can only pump triceps with light pushdowns and every gym session something snaps, breaks or tears.

it all catches up in the end.

Nah it shouldn't catch up at 32. There's something else going on. Must be???????

Nah it shouldn't catch up at 32. There's something else going on. Must be???????

my blood tests don't show anything genetic but ultrasounds and mri's show all the degenerative wear and tear, dryness, bone on bone in knees, calcification of tendons, joints etc .

one doctor said i have the spinal health of a 70 year old.

my physio says its not ALL that bad and that i just need to use caution, find better ROM on exercises and improve my form and posture. which i have done.

basically i'm starting bbing all over again. from just the bar. working up slowly by 250g and 500g increments. have fixed up my training, diet and lifestyle but not feeling any better really. maybe looking somewhat better beacause of improved form and a new spark in gains but i'm still brittle and weak. wasted a f-cking TON of money on supplements for joints. just about used and using all of everything. nothing provides any relief. tried all different dosages. must have blown about $5000 on otc supps including some VERY expensive glucosamine sulphate from ajinomoto in japan and hyaluronic acid (1 litre = $150, lasts 3 months) both of which have had no effect. i'm considering going on a long term TRT and therapeutic dose of test and deca just to provide some relief and use that up until i get permission for early release of my superannuation money pay for treatment and possible surgery.

i used to smash my body pretty f-cking hard. too much. very extreme workouts. didn't know the diff between hard and smart training. never backed off weight or gave my body a break. no periodization. drove myself into to the ground. pushed as heavy as i could with shit form. have always been one of those guys who kills himself but doesnt have a whole lot to show for it. only now when i'm forced to back off do i see what potential results could be. when i first really cut back the training i responded good but now its cut back to the point where i'm doing almost nothing but cardio and even with that i have to be careful so as not to hurt my knee joints and quad tendon.

never juiced but have used clen. so i'm natural but technically not :D

its all very confusing.

Last edited:
Bursitis on my right-knee
2 big heel spurs on right-foot

Can't squat, or lunge.

It's my 2014 NYR to Squat again.

I used to have bad gout attacks on the right knee too, but got rid of that from dumping fat.

At 52 I can pretty much do anything, which is great.
My goal is to keep doing it well, into my 80's

The only exercise that flares my left knee-up is walking, long.

partially healed leg fracture (fib) and unhealed tib frature (from 98) and slightly shorter right leg.
Just chock up the right heel double the left for squats and deadlifts
only bothers me if my right leg cramps up then it gets a bit uncomfortable