• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A TV Anchor Tries to Gift Bitcoin On Air, Is Immediately Robbed

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
ku-xlarge.png
1Expand
This past Friday, Bloomberg TV anchor Matt Miller took an on-air opportunity to give the gift of Bitcoin to two of his fellow anchors during his "12 Days of Bitcoin" segment. And in a beautiful twist of karmic justice for running such an absurd segment in the first place, every last digitally invested cent was stolen immediately.
Each of the anchors were to receive $20 worth of the digital currency, but all that went down the drain the second anchor Adam Johnson absentmindedly exposed his QR code of the private key to the camera, which is basically like giving someone your debit card and writing down the pin number for them. So naturally, a Reddit user by the name of milkywaymasta immediately snatched the Bitcoin and bragged about it online:
The guy that is hosting the series gave bitcoin gift certificates to the other two hosts. One of them opens up the certificate to reveal QR code of the private key. They then proceeded to show a closeup of the QR code in glorious HD for about 10 seconds. Hilarious.

I took it, it was only $20 worth. It was exhilarating nevertheless. I'll send it back once Matt gives me a new address since someone else can sweep the old one. A segment on Bitcoin security and the importance of NOT showing the private key and also BIP0038 (Password Encrypted Private Keys) Wallets will be more than enough compensation. Blockchain confirmation and Public key of where i sent the bitcoin.
To Miller's credit, he's agreed to let milkywaymasta keep his hard-earned cash. Although judging from how the $20 of Bitcoin was stolen in the first place, chances are none of the anchors would know what to do with it even if they had it. [Reddit via Business Insider]

A TV Anchor Tries to Gift Bitcoin On Air, Is Immediately Robbed

That's what he gets for buying into a pump and dump "currency" if you can even call it a currency.