• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN BCAA's and Pre Workout 101

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
After checking the BN web site and looking at some products I am considering buying the BN 101, and BN BCAA's.

Does anyone here use both of these products together.

They are designed to work together and complement each other.

I used to use the original BN pre workout NT which ended up being banned, seemed to work well though. Have also used the BN BCAA's (old formula) and liked the taste but did not really note any difference either way.

Like I said thinking about giving both of these a run next year.

Any feed back from useres would be great, and also flavour feed back, I used to like the Orange BCAA's in my water bottle also used to addd 5 grams of Creatine to the water along with BCAA's.

I still have nearly 2kg of creatine here, so will be using that up starting January as well. Will make notes of my supplement use in my training dairy and will report back if I go ahead with these two products.

EDIT:

Currently only using a multi vitamin and fish oil caps 1500mg x 6 per day and the occasional WPC/egg protein shake (natural unflavoured BN products)

What are you hoping for it to do?

Will be on a calorie restricted diet, to drop some more body fat (next and final stage hopefully), and will probably be training fasted, as I am changing things around a bit.

So hoping it will do something, ie let me train a bit harder and recover better and may be feed the muscles with BCAA"s without adding too many cals from real food, do not want to lose any muscle mass or strength while dropping the last few KG of fat.

Hope that makes sense.

Will also be using BN WPC/Egg protein powder I already have here (bought bulk a few months ago), no other supplements planned apart from using up my Creatine I also still have here.

Only looking may be at buying the above, the rest is already sitting here.

Well its pretty simple for pre workouts.

BCAAs for extra protein essentially.
Sugar for energy
Caffeine for a stimulant.
Creatine for creatine.

If you need those and are not getting them anywhere else in your diet, go for it.

The rest is just fairy dust to sound good and suck people in.

They are not that expensive so it's not going to hurt.

Sugar for energy
Creatine for creatine.

If you need those and are not getting them anywhere else in your diet, go for it.

Yep my thoughts as well, Not sure it will do anything, that is why I am asking if anyone here has any real life feed back ie waste of time, or had some benefits (I know they are only opinions but I want to hear them).

None of the products contain any sugar, my diet/eating will be similar to what it has been lately, large mostly meat and salad and/or veg style meal for dinner, minimal processed foods, minimal carbs/sugars but not anal about it, drink water, shakes for breakfast and before bed, and a simple lunch, (tuna/chicken/beef/ham/salad or similar). No bread/pasta/cakes (which I don't really eat anyway apart from the occasional pizza or when out for dinner with friends or at party which is not very often)

Pre workout 101 tastes like ass. I've only had the lime, and this was before their current re release.

I complained thinking I got a bad batch and they sent me another, which was the same. I see lots of people saying the same about it too. In fact I just threw nearly 2kg in the bin yesterday.

I really hope they make it taste better.

Sugar for energy
Creatine for creatine.

Pretty much this
No-doze is fine for a pre-workout. I don't like the look of the BN one at all. If you want something more than caffeine then just get ephedrine, it works better and is safer than the majority of these new products with no long term studies

BCAAs are fantastic for when you're dieting, I can say that I do honestly notice a difference in recovery with them and I am hyper critical of these things as I hate spending money I don't have to

Creatine is cheap as shit though. Do you actually need it? Who knows. I see no benefit from training but taken during refeeds I get much better glycogen synthesis and extra millimetres on my arms, legs, etc for sure. Same with glycerine which is also cheap

If you train on your carb day, a shake of 60g protein, 30g sugar, 20g creatine and a tablespoon of glycerine + some electrolytes is pretty much the optimal post-workout shake before you go home and stuff your face on egg whites and oats

Thanks for the feed back everyone.

Yeah mate I can vouch for these. The orange BCAA flavour is awesome.

The 101 isn't the greatest tasting thing going around but it does what its supposed to do. Very good product IMO.

I had the old orange BCAA's formula, and it was quite nice, I used to enjoy it over plain water during workout.

The now banned BN Pre Workout NT tasted like crap also, I just used to mix it up in ice cold water and slam it down fast to avaoid having to taste it, they only have tropical pre workout at the moment bit concerned it will be the same (taste like crap).

Keep the feed back/reviews/opinions coming, all will be considered.

Last edited:
The berry flavours are usually the least offensive
I have fruit punch I think, not BN

When you get ON or xtend bcaas you realise just how shot BN flavouring is

BCAA's/EAA's etc really not sure if they do anything - give them a crack and see if it helps you recover - agree with the flavour - xtend/ON are by far the best flavours - you could just sit there drinking these badboys all day.

In regards to the PW - if it gives you a buzz and helps you stay focused for longer and train abit harder then you have a winner.

Can someone explain to me about staying focused through training. I mean its not that fucking hard, lift the weight up, put it down, repeat. How focused do you need to be?

Can someone explain to me about staying focused through training. I mean its not that fucking hard, lift the weight up, put it down, repeat. How focused do you need to be?

I never got the focused thing either to be honest, I think most people probably mean energised, and are just using the wrong word, can't see how stimulants increase focus.

I would of thought it was everyones goal who trains to always try and have as much focus and intensity as possible when training...I guess lifting the weight and putting it down is ok but progression will prob be limited and slower....

I would of thought it was everyones goal who trains to always try and have as much focus and intensity as possible when training...I guess lifting the weight and putting it down is ok but progression will prob be limited and slower....

I still don't get what you are talking about. Explain focus in regards to lifting to me.

I still don't get what you are talking about. Explain focus in regards to lifting to me.

For me I tend to lose energy half way through, especially following a gruelling powerlifting routine. I have recently been taking PRE 101 and BCAA's again and find I don't hit the wall as easily on my 12th set of squats / deadlifts.

If you don't need them, then get out of the thread you hard kunt ;)