• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN BCAA's and Pre Workout 101

I still don't get what you are talking about. Explain focus in regards to lifting to me.

Bazza, I had the same questions re focus as you until I used craze as a pwo. I am always up and about in the gym but on that shit I had an extra level. It put me in a zone where I needed to lift big. Knowing what we know about craze now it was probably a little more than just 'focus' I was getting haha.

Shit explanation, but its the only way I can really describe it. A good pwo just gets me in a zone I can't attain otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

For me I tend to lose energy half way through, especially following a gruelling powerlifting routine. I have recently been taking PRE 101 and BCAA's again and find I don't hit the wall as easily on my 12th set of squats / deadlifts.

If you don't need them, then get out of the thread you hard kunt ;)

So it gives you more energy/endurance??

Not focus, like I said I think people are just using the wrong word, focus is like concentration, nothing to do with lifting IMO.

So you find benefits in these products??

How long you been using them??

I lose focus sometimes
You feel like you're just going through the motions
You need to fucking pay attention and concentrate
Stimulants can help but angry music is better

So it gives you more energy/endurance??

Not focus, like I said I think people are just using the wrong word, focus is like concentration, nothing to do with lifting IMO.

So you find benefits in these products??

How long you been using them??

More endurance definitely, I've been taking pre workouts / BCAA's for a few years now, as others have said I generally don't need them but I'm finding as I enter the later weeks in my heavy 10 week training cycle no matter how rested / fed / recovered I am getting through 10+ sets of deadlifts or squats requires something a little extra. I am also taking BCAA's post workout to assist in recovery times being a natty.

BCAA's/EAA's etc really not sure if they do anything - give them a crack and see if it helps you recover - agree with the flavour - xtend/ON are by far the best flavours - you could just sit there drinking these badboys all day.

In regards to the PW - if it gives you a buzz and helps you stay focused for longer and train abit harder then you have a winner.

There is plenty of room to pack in flavouring when you have a lower percentage of working / active ingredients.

Xtend,

Taken from a Supplement discount website:

Serve size: 13 grams.
Of that 13 grams is around 10.5 grams of ingredients.
This is around a 80.7% product.
Around 20% to play with for flavouring and other additives.
A little over a Kg, is around $90.

Bulk Nutrients BCAA Recovery

Serve Size: 13.7 grams
Of that 13.7 grams is around 13.2 grams of ingredients.
This is around a 96.3% product.
Around 4% to play with for flavouring and other additives.
A Kg is around $70.

Basing our products on purity and value for money comes first. This is what the consumers money is paying for.

I am not sure about the ON product as the name wasn't mentioned but you can just as easily do the same comparison to find out where your money is going.

There is plenty of room to pack in flavouring when you have a lower percentage of working / active ingredients.

Xtend,

Bulk Nutrients BCAA Recovery,

A Kg is around $70.

Basing our products on purity and value for money comes first. This is what the consumers money is paying for.

I am not sure about the ON product as the name wasn't mentioned but you can just as easily do the same comparison to find out where your money is going.

Cheers mate - wasnt referring to your flavours in my post - was agreeing with the flavours of ON/Xtend - have not tried your product yet. Maybe I should of been abit clearer in my post.

Sure, but silk road is no more. :rolleyes:

Dude silk road is expensive as fuck, if you're buying ANYTHING from there you're getting ripped off

Just google for "hellfire innovative labs" and there is a supplement shop in the top results that's a very strong bet

I lose focus sometimes
You feel like you're just going through the motions
You need to fucking pay attention and concentrate
Stimulants can help but angry music is better

I don't listen to any music when lifting, just train in silence, may be thats my problem.:p

More endurance definitely, I've been taking pre workouts / BCAA's for a few years now, as others have said I generally don't need them but I'm finding as I enter the later weeks in my heavy 10 week training cycle no matter how rested / fed / recovered I am getting through 10+ sets of deadlifts or squats requires something a little extra. I am also taking BCAA's post workout to assist in recovery times being a natty.

Cool thanks for that feed back, I don't train that long, may be 30-45 minutes for my average workout.

Xtend,

Bulk Nutrients BCAA Recovery

A Kg is around $70.

I pretty much just use your products now, won't be buying any 'glossy label' brands where you pay for fancy boxes and advertising and often plenty of sugar and fillers.

I quite liked the BN orange BCAA's (the old formula), so will get the orange again if I go ahead. will probably order tonight and give the stuff a run. Bit concerned about tropical flavour pre workout though:p

Cheers mate - wasnt referring to your flavours in my post - was agreeing with the flavours of ON/Xtend - have not tried your product yet. Maybe I should of been abit clearer in my post.

All good. I didn't take your post as a knock on our brand. You are actually right, flavours are great with some alternatives, I just wanted to show why with such a low percentage of active ingredients and heaps of room for the tasty stuff! :)
More educational than anything.

Cheers.
(And cheers Mick! Grateful!).

Does anyone use bn 101 with success? I got some after using BPM labs the one and I'm not sure it does anything. I doubled up and it just makes me feel a bit off.

Might be the lack of feeling like I want to scratch my skin off though...I assume that's beta alanine.

Beta analine will make you itch.
What did the workout feel like? Energy, focus, pump?

How much of the one were you dosing? Maybe need to deload on the stims as your body gets used to it