• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Share a bench press, squat, or deadlift tip

Resetting every rep for deadlift. Reinforces the correct position/movement pattern.

Tim.

For me anyway, doing them only makes my deadlift go backwards fast. No 100% sure why.

I find dead stop for technique. Touch and go for strength.

Backwards baz? Not enough volume perhaps?

Normally the guys resetting thier reps each time progress better I have found. But not everyone is the same.

Best way to train them is the way that allows you to progress in the most efficient and safe way possible. :)

Tim.

Normally the guys resetting thier reps each time progress better I have found. But not everyone is the same.

Best way to train them is the way that allows you to progress in the most efficient and safe way possible. :)

Tim.

I followed sheiko for my deadlift the last two runs and it has more volume for deadlift than I was doing.

Its happened a few times now. Since I got over 200kg dead I've made my best progress with touch and go.

Only dead stop reps see me lose strength.

My advice would be...

To increase your bench, do heavy deadlifts...

To increase your deadlifts, do heavy squats...

To increase your squat, see Silverback's general advice, which I think says "Squat".

Just my experience and I hope I have not misquoted any other forum members with this one.

Tim.

The key is to use the muscles to move the bar, no momentum. You're lowering the bar with the hamstrings, you just think about letting the hamstrings go and the bar will move down by itself. Then you're just touching the floor and think about contracting the hamstrings again and the bar will raise

I'll post a video tomorrow that makes it obvious

Just in case you nimrods, forgot.

Share a bench press, squat, or deadlift tip that has helped YOU with your form or training.

The key is to use the muscles to move the bar, no momentum. You're lowering the bar with the hamstrings, you just think about letting the hamstrings go and the bar will move down by itself. Then you're just touching the floor and think about contracting the hamstrings again and the bar will raise

I'll post a video tomorrow that makes it obvious

Time under tension for T&G deads. I find T&G sets so much more taxing.

Resetting every rep gives you a break. It's basically doing singles with a short break.

I also forgot to add this but this is where people always get confused when T&G deads are mentioned.

T&G deadlifts doesn't mean bounce deadlifts

I also forgot to add this but this is where people always get confused when T&G deads are mentioned.

T&G deadlifts doesn't mean bounce deadlifts

Exactly, to me it just means taking less time to re-set
Take a breath at the bottom and go again

Exactly, to me it just means taking less time to re-set

Take a breath at the bottom and go again

I do it a bit different. I take a breath at the top if I need it and when lowering try to just tap the weight on the floor and reverse it.

I do it a bit different. I take a breath at the top if I need it and when lowering try to just tap the weight on the floor and reverse it.

I lift fuck all, but this is what I've found works best for me too..

Bouncing is just retarded (plus my plates at home are just rubber coated.. I don't think they'd bounce too well :p) and when I reset every rep I find myself overthinking it and wasting time, turning it into multiple singles instead of a set of 3/5/whatever

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The closer to a meet I am, or the heavier I go, the more likely I am to reset reps