• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Almonds vs Cashews

I think if you want to try it out and see, do a minimalist diet. This is what I did and then I added in foods to gauge my response

Wheat, I generally get on OK with but a bit of bloating
Rice & oats = farting all day
Most beans, including cashews and peanuts I am OK with no ill effects
Dairy is also good, apart from milk which causes epic bloatage and farting

Odd because most paleo guys say rice and oats are the most paleo friendly but I found quite the opposite. Even highly processed wheat like pastry I am OK with. I guess it's my gaelic/nordic genetics

Any large change in your diet is likely to cause bloating. Not saying it will but its pretty likely.

Your gut can adjust to the food you are eating. Stop eating wheat for a while then add it back in and you get bloated and fart all day. Most likely not because you are intolerant but because it takes a while for your gut to adjust to drastically different diets.

Think about the first time you got protein powder. Worst farts the next day because your gut isn't used to so much protein. Now for most people that goes away.

makes logical sense bazza, but still confused as to why some things are worse than others

makes logical sense bazza, but still confused as to why some things are worse than others

I would guess some things take longer to adjust to than others.

I know not humans but for cows it takes at least 5 weeks for their gut to fully adjust to grains in their diet.

I would guess some things take longer to adjust to than others.

I know not humans but for cows it takes at least 5 weeks for their gut to fully adjust to grains in their diet.

You talking to cows now, fuck- you are the ants pants.

I really like rice
When I reintroduce carbs again, it will be my main source along with sweet potatoes and ice cream probably
I hope I do adjust to it

I read somewhere that walnuts were king but I find them a little bit bitter,I love cashews and pistachios (sp?)
As bazza said it's important to eat a variety ,no sense eating stuff you don't like though just because it's supposedly better,brown rice comes to mind for me in that example

I stick to almonds for the most part. Mainly because cashews (salted or unsalted) are my ultimate trigger food. I think I have eaten 750g in one sitting one time. Not so with almonds so they are the go.

I make my own almond butter, bit of rock salt and coconut oil.

we also always have cashews and macadamias on hand.

I go for almonds and hazelnuts mostly. Sometimes macadamias and walnuts.

Can't have cashews much as they have fodmaps and upset my gut a bit :(

Always make my own nut butters :)

"I like brazilians". Oh yeah, me too. No doubt.

Nuts though, I'll take raw almonds err' day. Straight up.

Love them walnuts and macadamias but wish they weren't so damn expensive. might have to develop a taste for cashews instead, it seems everyone here fiends that shit.