• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

I thought we could post who we rate as best athlete, and maybe attach some clips and articles about them.

I am starting with Calvin Johnson (Megatron), NFL star wide receiver. Incredible power and athleticism.

Calvin Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

E:60 Extra: AJ Green and Calvin Johnson Workout Together - YouTube

In addition to 3.5m standing long jump and 1.05m standing vertical, arguably best power to weight tests, said to do 375 pound bench (over 170kg).
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--c...happens-to-be-an-insufferable-workaholic.html

Last edited:
Cooper went threw a bad patch, just needed a kick in the arse and his head screwed on right, which is now happening. He is an awsome player. Also out of him oconner and beale he was the only one who grew up and sorted himself out. Big respect for quade!

Billy slater is a rugby god, probably one of the most skilled players ever (both codes)

Ken Norton, an absolute Warrior who fought above his "natural" weight.
Evander Holyfield, an absolute Warrior who also fought above his natural weight.
Randy Couture, an absolute legend of MMA.
Chuck "the iceman" Liddell, sprawl and brawl baby, thats where its at.
Ian Roberts, a footballer who played above his natural weight. Certainly not a natural front rower, but you didn't want to see Big Robo coming out of the line at yah. Supporter is a big fan of Big Robo too ;)
Georges St Pierre, another legend of MMA. He'll be back!

Gerry Belshaw was pretty good. Probably a bit "washed up" now. What you reckon [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]

Gerry Belshaw was pretty good. Probably a bit "washed up" now. What you reckon @Timeah

I think what i did is difficult to do,and im unlikely to repeat it. In saying that,if you are talented which im kinda not then picking up age grade titles wouldnt be super hard but that also depends on luck. It was over 5 years ago as well and ive moved on. Tims on my facebook Stiff,he sees i still lift. Just not that well.lol. Mate i had big plans to hit some deads and front squats but my legs are stuffed,and this is the hurdle i gotta overcome if i want to compete at a level im happy with again.

Last edited:
A piece of Aus history, when he took out the Shepparton caravan park title!

I fail to see your relevance. I laugh when you keep mentioning me when ive never met you and dont intend to. Obviously me criticising you for being a serial adulterer and druggo hit such a nerve that youve spent years talking about me when i dont even give a shit.lol.

I think what i did is difficult to do,and im unlikely to repeat it. In saying that,if you are talented which im kinda not then picking up age grade titles wouldnt be super hard but that also depends on luck. It was over 5 years ago as well and ive moved on. Tims on my facebook Stiff,he sees i still lift. Just not that well.lol. Mate i had big plans to hit some deads and front squats but my legs are stuffed,and this is the hurdle i gotta overcome if i want to compete at a level im happy with again.

Legs are stuffed? Knees? Sprinting probably not a wise choice then. Take care of em.

Legs are stuffed? Knees? Sprinting probably not a wise choice then. Take care of em.

Fatigue bro,i cover a fair amount of distance over the course of a working day. When i did squat last year it took me about 6 weeks of squatting once a week to get to 175 and it took me about 9 weeks to get to 196x5 deadlift. Its still there but the first session after effect doms of squatting were agony lol. Ive said all along my first priority was work performance. Im likely these days to skip weights if i feel im not recovered.

Fatigue bro,i cover a fair amount of distance over the course of a working day. When i did squat last year it took me about 6 weeks of squatting once a week to get to 175 and it took me about 9 weeks to get to 196x5 deadlift. Its still there but the first session after effect doms of squatting were agony lol. Ive said all along my first priority was work performance. Im likely these days to skip weights if i feel im not recovered.

Don't push it then Gerry. Don't sprint if you're a bit overweight or fatigued that's how you stuff Ligaments etc.

Don't push it then Gerry. Don't sprint if you're a bit overweight or fatigued that's how you stuff Ligaments etc.

I rate sprinting harder than squatting bro especially seeing as im pretty old. I wont be running this year,ive only just shaken off a foot injury,and it twinged a bit when i was paused benching the other night believe it or not. Dont ask me how i hurt my foot paused benching lol but its obviously not a hundy yet. Ive missed the first couple of meets and unlikely to get anywhere this year anyway. Its something id like to do though. Im way off top level masters level sprinting but its a good challenge to try and improve at some stage.