• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what are some top rated suppliments

zayd687

Hi Guys,
whats some new products out there that people like. I'd like to try something and have a review on it as i cant find much on here apart from as mesmorph

I only buy supplements that make a difference and are worth the price
No-doze is $20 for 100x100mg tabs. 3 prior to training is fine
Plain chocolate whey, 4kg is $90
BCAAs, good while you train, 1kg is maybe $30 I can't be fucked to look
Fish oil, I think 400x1g pills was $25 from woolies

This is just the basics, all you need. Everything else is individual based on your needs

Hi Guys,
whats some new products out there that people like. I'd like to try something and have a review on it as i cant find much on here apart from as mesmorph

Can't beat a good pre workout for those lethargic days.
BN pre workout is good.

Im thinking most were junk and yes mostly did concentrate on fish oil, creatine, amino's and thats it but id like to probably get something more. Are all the supps out there garbage as they were 5 years ago??

seems every review is a marketing gimmick.
is ZMA worth a try?
I have never used pre workout, go for the nitric oxide or t booster ? so much to look for can't fish out the garbage

Im thinking most were junk and yes mostly did concentrate on fish oil, creatine, amino's and thats it but id like to probably get something more. Are all the supps out there garbage as they were 5 years ago??

seems every review is a marketing gimmick.
is ZMA worth a try?
I have never used pre workout, go for the nitric oxide or t booster ? so much to look for can't fish out the garbage

Are you deficient in zinc, magnesium or b6? If so then ZMA is worth it
Nitric oxide? What the hell is that? Cost more than $30 for a months worth? Forget it
Test booster? Forget it
Pre workout? Again no-doze is $20 and will last you 90 workouts

Supp....le.....ment..........!!

We get it eat food.....

Basic supps I normally stick with -

WPI
Creatine mono
L-glutamine
Some form of preworkout (sometimes) - if not no doz or coffee
fish oil
Vit C
Zinc

Yeah while I'm not a supp fan. I hate the eat food comment.

As for top supplements.

Well protein powder is essentially a food.

After that I'm not sure there is anything considered a top supplement.

Preworkout - BCAA's, tyrosine, ALCAR, creatine, beta alanine, caffeine tablet.

Daily - Fish oil, WPI/Casein, Multi-vitamin (one that won't take 10 years off my life)

Well protein powder is essentially a food.

After that I'm not sure there is anything considered a top supplement.

Protein powder is a bit of an in between IMO, I consider it food to some degree, and use it as such when I did use it. Will start using up my current supply in the new year.

But I guess it is also considered a supplement as it supplements your protein intake from whole foods ie steak,chicken, fish, eggs etc etc

Personally after experimenting with supplements I tend to agree with Bazza on this one, I have never really noted any difference when I was using any supplements apart from one……..Protein Powder, obviously gives you essential protein when dieting at a low calorie intake (if using pure powders such as pure WPC/WPI/Egg protein etc). So I find it useful to get your daily protein requirement without adding a heap of calories to your diet.

Having said that I have not used protein powder for several month now and feel no different, but I have put on some weight as I been eating more, so protein would be considered my top supplement.

I also have a generic mens mulit vitamin AM and a night time mulit vitamin and some fish oil capsules, again never noted it making any difference that I could tell, but cheap insurance.

Have also used Glutamine, various Pre workout's, caffeine capsules, creatine in both high and low doses (5 gram being low and up to 30 gram per day being high), BCAA's, ZMA, Test Booster and probably some other stuff found no benefits in any of it apart from the boost from caffeine (but coffee will also give you that).

Again creatine is cheap so are BCAA's so may be try them and see if they work for you.

Have also taken part in the BN test booster trial, did see some results in the blood tests, but did not feel much different, I do remember reporting a bit of extra energy, but looking back might have been a placebo as well, there is a whole thread about it here somewhere.

Last edited:
Are you deficient in zinc, magnesium or b6? If so then ZMA is worth it
Nitric oxide? What the hell is that? Cost more than $30 for a months worth? Forget it
Test booster? Forget it
Pre workout? Again no-doze is $20 and will last you 90 workouts

I think most people are deficient in magnesium due to all the rara about getting enough vitamin C

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

I think most people are deficient in magnesium due to all the rara about getting enough vitamin C

Yeah I was deficient in it and it eventually gave me crippling middle of the night cramps in my feet. calves, hamstrings, abdominals and obliques (yeah that fucking sucked), lats and traps

I saw a difference after my first ZMA and within a week it was gone

Yeah I was deficient in it and it eventually gave me crippling middle of the night cramps in my feet. calves, hamstrings, abdominals and obliques (yeah that fucking sucked), lats and traps

I saw a difference after my first ZMA and within a week it was gone

That'd such big time, I noticed I sleep a lot more solidly

Yeah it took a while for me to diagnose it
It's when I switched to keto dieting, I pretty much pissed out all my electrolytes