• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who thinks drug testing is working?

Who thinks drug testing is working?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
personally i like drugs in sport lol. i want to see the best, most physical performance possible. take rugby..what would you rather a bunch of geared up lads going at each other or natural..i know which would be more entertaining for me!

depends on the sport and how rigorous the testing is

in cycling the testing has worked.. stage times are well down.. armstrong never got caught, but he sure would have done in today's environment

american sports are yet to catch-up and allow blood testing.. in the nba for example they are limited to two urine tests a year before ?April - so if your team makes it to the playoffs its pretty much open season.. their player unions carry a lot more power

What do you think the % would be overall in professional sports Natural V On PED's?

Nearly 50/50?

Lets take NRL for example - lets say before all the investigations - I would say upto 60-70% would of taken PED's at some point in their career.

The worlds top athletes through the years have still got caught. We can assume they have much better people advising them than Oni. Its safe to say beating the tests isn't as simple as people here try and make out.

no, I never believed Armstrong was clean.

The boss of my wife looked like he wanted to punch me out in 2004 when i told him there was no way he was clean.

percentage clean/not clean; really hard to know. In sport, ratio today would be much less. As for gyms, who knows?

Last edited:
no, I never believed Armstrong was clean.

The boss of my wife looked like he wanted to punch me out in 2004 when i told him there was no way he was clean.

percentage clean/not clean; really hard to know. In sport, ratio today would be much less. As for gyms, who knows?

Why did you tell your wifes boss you thought he wasnt clean? haha

In the gym its alot harder to say because you find out guys are on the gear who dont even look like they train and/or their performance is terrible.

I would say you'll find the biggest use of gear would be in the say 18-25 yr old range still playing amauter/1st grade sport - def big in sports like league and Union - this is where guys are still trying to "make it" but their isnt really any testing going on - some of the bigger 1st grade amauter clubs say they test but its hard to say if they do (Ive never heard of an amauter player being tested)

I guess at the end of the day their is noway of stopping it 100% nor will any sport ever be 100% clean.

i preferred sports better when drugs weren't in the media.

the average person doesn't understand, so why should they be exposed to a one sided media version of events?

i preferred sports better when drugs weren't in the media.

the average person doesn't understand, so why should they be exposed to a one sided media version of events?

The media always brings another level to it - they dont understand ped's and they bunch them all together - someone could be taking clen for example but it will be made out to be a drug that will make him into a crazy person and start killing everyone.

For the average joe who has no idea about fitness/lifting etc then they will hear this from the media and take it as gospel (this is why you have such a bad rap around ped's - because there is such a huge % of people that know about them but such a small % of people that has any idea how they work) - but really who cares if they do - the media is simply there to sell a story and cause a wave in the ocean - they are not there to explain the story or even understand it.

I think he made the assumption he was clean, and I just responded. Shattered him.

Top physiotherapist, but naïve.

People want their heroes to be clean. Then shock, horror, when truth comes out.

Still, cycling now much cleaner, but would it not be with all the resources being thrown at the sport.

I was also shocked with Oni's drug scandal.

There was the denials, the evidence, the admission and then open use.

I am not sure why people have such an obession with 0ni - yes he may of lied - but so do a large % of people of ped's - and honestly who cares - it does not effect other people at all - 0ni's drug use and saying he wasnt using etc etc is simply a drop in the ocean to what is going on - its not shock - its nothing unusual - to a degree its simply human nature....and at the end of the day we are on a forum where there is a choice to communicate and reply to people - if you feel there is an issue or you dont like someone sometimes the best thing to do in a forum environment is simply ignore.