• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The fruits dillema

Mariko78

Banned
The problem with fructose arises when the liver glycogen levels are full. At this point, fructose gets converted to fat and that helps to increase the size of the fat cells. Since we aren't equipped with fuel gauges to tell us how full our livers are, many bodybuilders opt for avoiding fruit all together. But such extreme measures are not necessary. There are actually a few times when fruit is not only okay?it's actually helpful.
What do you think about this?

The problem with fructose arises when the liver glycogen levels are full. At this point, fructose gets converted to fat and that helps to increase the size of the fat cells. Since we aren't equipped with fuel gauges to tell us how full our livers are, many bodybuilders opt for avoiding fruit all together. But such extreme measures are not necessary. There are actually a few times when fruit is not only okay?it's actually helpful.
What do you think about this?

I think the problem is not with fructose, but rather with people bashing fructose due to their lack of deeper understanding of a wonderful subject we call biochemistry! I also used to believe in the over-simplistic notion that once our liver's glycogen levels are topped up and have reached their maximum levels, then it's all doom and gloom in the way of that apple you're eating with all its fructose content gonna end up around your waist line,....not so is what I am saying and it's not as simple as that. Our bodies are much more sophisticated in the way they get what they need when they need to. I'll leave it here...

Fadi.

Last edited:
That's right, I might have a fructose problem if I ate 100 apples in a fit of manic stupor but I am sure just having one or two along with a handful of other fruits will do more good for you than drinking something that has been powderised.