• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Did you actually read it though, its a study done on 60 plus year old women supplementing with calcium and iron mostly.

And final conclusion copied and pasted from your study:

QUOTE FROM STUDY:
In conclusion, in this large prospective cohort of older women, we found that most dietary supplements were unrelated to total mortality rate. However, several commonly used dietary vitamin and mineral supplements were associated with increased total mortality rate, most strongly supplemental iron; calcium showed some evidence of lower risk.

So hardly prove taking a multivitamin will take 10 years off my life, and even the study explains how it does not take into account quality of life of the individual. So at this stage was are clearly still looking for any study that conclusively shows an increased mortality rate in healthy individuals taking a multi vitamin.

First it's not my study. Take your problems up with the authors. I'm sure they will appreciate your scientific expertise.

Second. Actually read the part you quoted.

Most Dietary Supplements were not associated with mortality. ( that's fine)

HOWEVER several commonly used VITAMIN and MINERAL supplements where related to INCREASED total mortality rate.

3rd. It's not meant to be a definitive study. Even the authors acknowledge the limitations because its an observational study. But it is very thorough with its long duration follow up.

There are others out there but I can't be fucked finding them for you to butcher them with your incompetence. Find them yourself.

And I'll repeat it. Any problems you have with the study take it up with the authors. It's not my study.

I'm not rushing out to take vitamins unless I have a diagnosed deficiency.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have posted a link that supports none of your claims, so who is not the full quit seems to be quite obvious.

You are supposed to post up a link to something that supports your argument, no mention of healthy adult males/athletes/sports people dying 10 years early because they take some multi vitamins. :rolleyes:

Read my posts. I made no such claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fantastic icantbefuckedtraininghardsoifindbullshitstudiestojustifymylaziness-science

This is fantastic icantbefuckedtraininghardsoifindbullshitstudiestojustifymylaziness-science

That's your choice if you don't want to train hard. Not my cup of tea but each to their own.

What's it have to do with vitamins anyway.

I've virtually given up on vitamins.
Don't take fish oil any more, a multi barely once or twice per week just to finish bottle.
I don't feel any different.

I've virtually given up on vitamins.
Don't take fish oil any more, a multi barely once or twice per week just to finish bottle.
I don't feel any different.

The jury is still out thee for me as well. If I don't take them for a week or so can't really tell a difference.

Have not had shakes for about 2-3 months (may be the odd one, probably less than 3 a week anyway) and made no difference to be honest.

I have a carp load of protein powder here, probably 6-7kg, about 1.5kg of BN creatine, and about three months worth of vitamins.

I might just take it starting next year with a few shakes a day AM and PM Vitamins, and 10-20 grams of creatine per day, till it's all burned up, then go 6 months without any of it and see if it made a difference in my mind.

At least it will get rid of it then.

Yeah hood point.
I have been trying to get more fats from fish, nuts and avocado lately since I stopped supplementation.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Take what ever vitamin you are deficient in. If you are not deficient you are just pissing your cash down the drain.

Yeah, I know that for "normal" people, vitamin supplements are just a waste of time and money, and could potentially even be harmful if taken in the wrong doses. I've seen quite a few documentaries about the vitamin fad of the last few decades.

But I did read here (and somewhere else on the same site) that bodybuilders in particular have much higher vitamin requirements in order to produce new muscles and recover from workouts effectively. Having said that, the website does sell vitamins, so I guess there is a pretty strong conflict of interest there.

I know this is extremely poor scientific reasoning, however ever since I've been taking a B multi and 1g C daily, I haven't actually had the cold or flu. That's over a year I've been virus-free, whereas I usually get sick at least once or twice a year - sometimes more.

And being a pretty damn hard gainer, and in the last legs of my 20's, I figured a few dollars here or there didn't really make much difference considering what was at stake.

Vitamin c does nothing unless you are deficient. I havnt been sick on twelve months and i dont tske vitamin c.

There is no pathway that allows excess vitamin c to act on cold or flu viruses.

Vitamin c does nothing unless you are deficient. I havnt been sick on twelve months and i dont tske vitamin c.

There is no pathway that allows excess vitamin c to act on cold or flu viruses.

Along with giving your self a magnesium deficiency

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I've taken an *antioxidant mix for the last twenty years after reading Dr Kenneth Coopers books.

I've taken myself off and on, I notice a difference when I do.

In the last 20 years my job and family life had been extremely stressful and time consuming, juggling that with weight training was a challenge.

At the moment I feel and look like a 40yo.

*Vit E
Carotene
Vit C
Selenium
Q10
Krill
Niacin

You can never have enough B complex really.
Soviet throwers saw a massive improvement from B6/12 injections, almost as much as steroids gave them

You can never have enough B complex really.
Soviet throwers saw a massive improvement from B6/12 injections, almost as much as steroids gave them

:confused:

B6 and B12 = Steroids???

Can't find the source, but mike T talked about it on his forums
How you can constantly close the gap between steroids and natural, he was talking to a soviet coach and said that injectable B gave them X amount and steroids gave them Y amount etc

They are a very important set of vitamins for sure

Oni, you need to separate fact from fiction when you read stuff.

There is no equivalent to steroids in terms of benefit. B-12, don't make me laugh.

where is the link?