• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's because you havn't looked for them, you probably missed all the ones showing no improvement in overall health too.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I will try again one more time...

>>>>>>>>Please post link to study<<<<<<<<<<<<

A Cochrane review was done on the topic, covering around 260,000 individuals, confirming the results of all previous studies.

You can cry bad science or statistical manipulation or illuminati all you like, but it doesn't change the facts.

Fuck Cochrane.

If doing something stupid internet arguments gave you no benefit and took close to 10 years off your life span, would you continue doing it? Actually, most people are smokers and/or drinkers so i would think they actually would.

:eek:

I can't link you to a study, because you don't have access to the journal.

Use Google Scholar, it's not that hard, Google Cochrane review vitamin supplementation, showed an increase of 1.04* death rate in the 10% of patients randomised for vitamin supplementation when taking into account 67 studies done.

Other trials using 1-10,000 have shown higher death rates, again, search for them, or read reviews on them if you don't have access to the relevant journals.

Every study that comes up is only related to already sick individuals.

Have not found any that suggest a higher mortality rate of healthy individuals supplementing with vitamins. There are a few that suggest no difference in overall longevity, but they do not examine general feelings of well being or health of individuals supplementing with a multivitamin compared to no multivitamin, there for not looking at sporting performance, well being and quality of life.

If doing something gave you no benefit and took close to 10 years off your life span, would you continue doing it?

Where did this figure come from?? So you are suggesting by supplementing with a multivitamin I am taking 10 years off my life??

Very unlikely considering I can not find a single study done on healthy individuals that even shows any difference in overall longevity.

Last edited:
Did you findvthe summary of the cochrane review? There are three in relation to vitamins. One in healthy individuals.

Most arent made publicly availabke. Ill see if i can get the pdfs

I found, over a long period, that starting and stopping glucosamine made a difference.. to me...
likewise, fishoil has made small differences in some areas, and big in others..

I do find BN's ZMA makes a noticeable difference... to me..

but tbh, I think if you are healthy already and have a great diet, you will notice no difference at all from any of them :)

save the vitamins until you get hurt or get older LOL

- 2-4 Green Tea tabs
- 10-12 Vit C tabs
- 15-20 Fish Oil Caps
- 1-2 Zinc tabs

Take a multi on and off - never consistently though. Above though is pretty much every day.

I may of just totally missed something but I have never read or heard of taking vitamins and cutting upto 10 years off your life.

Last edited:
Multi, Zinc, Fish oil, Glucosamine (but the Glucosamine will go unless I trial a ramped up dose of 6g per day like 0ni's dog, which sounds like a cash grab).

WPC, Creatine when I remember, DAA, Res100 & Tococaps - just joking.

- 2-4 Green Tea tabs
- 10-12 Vit C tabs
- 15-20 Fish Oil Caps
- 1-2 Zinc tabs

Take a multi on and off - never consistently though. Above though is pretty much every day.

I may of just totally missed something but I have never read or heard of taking vitamins and cutting upto 10 years off your life.

I am similiar

12g Fish Oil - Daily
Vit C - Daily
Multi - On and Off

Also started taking Chromium Picolinate (800mcg) and EGCG (600mg) last week. Mate said it was a new fat burner. lol Only trying it because he gave me a bottle of each.

Been taking these for years.

Fish oil
Alpha lipoid acid
Multi vit

To be honest I don't think they actually do anything.
More of a habit, I guess, rather then a benefit.

Been taking a daily multivitamin for many years, seems like cheap insurance to me, only buy them when half price, and then order a heap till next time they are half price.

But how do you tell if it does anything?? Can't say it does nothing, as I don't really know, as I am taking them, can't take them and not take them at the same time and compare:)

I still want to see this stuff about vitamins killing you????

Haha, it ain't going to happen, I asked directly three times and still nothing, I spend a good hour on Google last night trying to even find a mention of it and nothing, the closest I could find was that they do nothing, while I found plenty that have shown some benefits depending on the vitamins. Have found zero that tell you that they will kill you.

Haha, it ain't going to happen, I asked directly three times and still nothing, I spend a good hour on Google last night trying to even find a mention of it and nothing, the closest I could find was that they do nothing, while I found plenty that have shown some benefits depending on the vitamins. Have found zero that tell you that they will kill you.

Took me 30 seconds on google to find one of them. I'm surprised you can even turn a computer on.

Took me 30 seconds on google to find one of them. I'm surprised you can even turn a computer on.

Did you actually read it though, its a study done on 60 plus year old women supplementing with calcium and iron mostly.

And final conclusion copied and pasted from your study:

QUOTE FROM STUDY:
In conclusion, in this large prospective cohort of older women, we found that most dietary supplements were unrelated to total mortality rate. However, several commonly used dietary vitamin and mineral supplements were associated with increased total mortality rate, most strongly supplemental iron; calcium showed some evidence of lower risk.

So hardly prove taking a multivitamin will take 10 years off my life, and even the study explains how it does not take into account quality of life of the individual. So at this stage was are clearly still looking for any study that conclusively shows an increased mortality rate in healthy individuals taking a multi vitamin.

Are you two the full quid. I've posted a link.

You have posted a link that supports none of your claims, so who is not the full quit seems to be quite obvious.

You are supposed to post up a link to something that supports your argument, no mention of healthy adult males/athletes/sports people dying 10 years early because they take some multi vitamins. :rolleyes: