• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sore Forearms and Elbow - Heavy Weights Putting Pressure on Body?

M

mdotk

Hi all

Recently I've built I'm my lifting to where I'm pushing some decent weight around (eg 130kg sets on bench). This is great, but I think it's causing some issues with my body.

First off I got tennis elbow in my right arm, and then recently both forearms have started to get really sore. I can feel a slight tweak during things like bench (pushing) and they get really sore during the pulling exercises (like preacher curls, butterfly press, etc).

I'm pretty sure it's simply due to the stresses (ie amount of weight) I'm lifting? I don't use any straps etc.

That said, I've seen a lot of people use things like this - http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...-all-physical-fitness-activities-2pcs-lot.jpg - what are they meant to do? Support your wrist? Is it worth trying for me?

Any other advice appreciated.

I know what your talking about, heavy benching destroy's the forearms, elbows and joints. I've just started using Elbow Sleeves from howmuchyabench.net, I use his wrist wraps as well, never bench without them. If I get any random pains, I'll ice the joints when I get home also.

Position your hands on the bar (width) so that there no movement around the wrist when you push.

Like your fist has got to be straight, not bent at the wrist.

Wrist wraps + elbow bands/sleeves will help. Once you hit decent numbers pain is inevitable, just learn how to minimise it.

Massage all areas around the elbow.
Where the bicep and triceps join the elbow are the spots that helped the most for me.
Hard massage. As in dig your thumb hard in to that spot on your other arm.
Also stretch. Mine was more forearm on the inside of the elbow so I stretch my hand and fingers back towards the arm.
I found heat then massage and stretch then ice and rest helped the most.