• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Holden to end Local Manufacturing by 2017

Why rare spares make all the parts as new stock anyway. You could almost build an entire Monaro out of the components you can buy new off the shelf.

true hardcore care peeps can spot the difference between an after market version compared to an era version

gf's old man has quite a collection of cars stored in the back garage , is always rattling on about restoration etc

I wonder how this will effect the prices on the old classics like the hk monaro.
I wouldn't mind one of them sitting in my garage at the moment.
I don't think the decision will have too much effect on the price, you average holden bogan with hsv tshirts , thongs and stubby holder wouldn't have the funds to buy a collectors car so the price wont change all that much

Why rare spares make all the parts as new stock anyway. You could almost build an entire Monaro out of the components you can buy new off the shelf.

True , but there wouldn't be the value of the original Monaro. Some die hards just like to fork out the $$$ for the original.

I don't really take sides over holden or ford but some of those phaseIII are pulling close to half a million.
I remember mums brother had one when there was not the value in the them. He would be kicking himself now...but who's to know:confused:

By international standards, Australians get paid a lot of money but they all want to buy cheap stuff so it gets imported. Think about it, if Aussie manufactured stuff is too expensive for us to buy then who else is going to buy it. If it can't be sold then it won't be made and some overpaid Australians will become unpaid Australians. They will put pressure on the ones that still have jobs and wages will come back until we become competitive internationally.

The problem with our manufacturing is not that it is inefficient, the problem is that an Australian on $30/hr only does the same work as an American on $10/hr. There's your inefficiency for you. By Brick's logic you'd fuck the Aussie off and get an Indonesian to do the work for $6 but try it and listen to the country carry on. That's exactly what our manufacturing is doing they just have to go offshore to do it.

also a few unmarked police bikes, mix of yamaha and hondas that I've seen so far

Saw a BMW as well, grey, unmarked, lights in the cowling where the radiator is.
Only knew cos he pulled up another bike.
Also a maloo ute with blue lights going.

Hmmm. I only ever see unmarked commis and falcooons here in syd. I need to be more careful then. :p

Tim.