• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Holden to end Local Manufacturing by 2017

yes, I agree.

I am just thankful we put in ten hard years to save and buy a house when I had high income work (labourer in CBD from 2004 and then academic since late 2008).

Sadly, these days have come to an end, but I have a small mortgage.

Last edited:
I think a lack of looking towards the future is something that needs to change, without this nothing will change.

With the Falcon gone and now the commodore, we'll have fork out for German built or a Lexus if you want a large rear wheel drive.

yes, a lot of people have been living for the day, yet not saving enough for coming adverse possibilities.

I suppose it just come down to the nature of the beast. I did not want to get a big mortgage in Canberra, given last on as work and probably first to go as a casual, so moved to Albury-Wodonga and milked as much work as I could since late 2011.

It paid off, just as I planned in a worst case scenario, and my family is relatively secure.

At my age, you can't keep stalling forever, preferring to hope for the best. You have to make vital decisions.

Last edited:
if you really want to find a job, you will.

if you want a pay rise, work harder.

Too many slack fkers whinging.

yep, all the Americans that lost their jobs and are still are unemployed must be bludgers.

If you wanna work you find work. People are just to fussy about their options.

I have had to do menial jobs whilst treading water waiting for another career position in the past. You do what ya gotta do.

I have had to do menial jobs whilst treading water waiting for another career position in the past. You do what ya gotta do.

Agreed... do what you gotta do to put food on the table whether it's cleaning toilets or working at maccas

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

We have it VERY good here in Aus, compared to places like America, and Spain (26% unemployment).

I work a part time job as well as my "full time" job.

We have it VERY good here in Aus, compared to places like America, and Spain (26% unemployment).

I work a part time job as well as my "full time" job.

Except the figures are manipulated it doesn't count anyone not on the dole & you only get the rock n roll if your bank balance is zero.

Doesn't count anyone on the dole who only did 1 4hr shift this month. The figures are bullshit.

Little off topic, but running with something [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; said, what do you guys consider a small mortgage. I owe a touch over 200k and think that's small. Just curious what others think is small or large.

I've always worked my finances so the family can survive on 1 'average' income if need be.

This is it. People here are going on about no work. Farmers her are crying out for labour but Aussies don't want to do it. Farm hand jobs here pay twice as much as the same jobs in the US but here people would rather cry poor than do work. There is shit loads of work here if you actually want to work.

Brick, if you have a $200,000 mortgage and your home is worth say $500,000, you technically have a moderate one at about 40% of equity.

On a combined income of $100,000, a 5% loan at present would mean you only need to contribute $15,000+ per year to meet interest payments on remanning 300,000 loan.

That would be easy, and perhaps you can pay off a further $10,000-15,000 per year to get mortgage down fast.

However, if one of you lost your job, payments would be that much harder.

This is all fine in these times of low interest rates.

The other day, the ABC finance guy suggested that people borrow more where interest rates are low and pay off more when interest rats are high.

In these uncertain times, I would be paying off as much as possible now while you have the chance.

I am a bit of a conservative with financé, I have to be because had little before age of 40.

However, I did predict what was going to happen with the gfc and saved my own and a few others super. Copped a lot of laughter from workmates, but I suppose they were not laughing after the crash came.

I hope I am wrong about the future, but I still think dark clouds are looming, maybe in a few years, maybe within a decade. If it happens, Aust will be one of the worst affected countries due to its high reliance on housing to drive the economy.

I wonder how this will effect the prices on the old classics like the hk monaro.
I wouldn't mind one of them sitting in my garage at the moment.

Just thinking about, this morning.

Some smart dude out there will be hoarding parts

Why rare spares make all the parts as new stock anyway. You could almost build an entire Monaro out of the components you can buy new off the shelf.

Except the figures are manipulated it doesn't count anyone not on the dole & you only get the rock n roll if your bank balance is zero.

Doesn't count anyone on the dole who only did 1 4hr shift this month. The figures are bullshit.

can get the dole if you have i think 5k in there , used to be 2k but they changed it so that you could have a bit of savings for emergency