• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squatters, whats your fix for tight traps?

High bar which is usually the common bar position for anyone but powerlifters in on the traps.

Well I must have been doing it wrong for the last 25 years, well so far so good, nil problems so far.

The tarps attach all the way up in the base of the skull and run half way down the spine and insert into the shoulder, the op's issues could be a result of many things, the bar sitting on the tarps, could be irritation from some other refferred issue.

I did not realise the whole thing is the traps, I always though was just the bid you see sticking up above your shoulders going to your neck.

Anyway would still be looking at the simple things first before attempting major reconstructive surgery, so bar position and squat form would be the first thing to look at, if that checks out go from there. Might even be presses and dead lifts that irritates the issue (or other exercises he might be doing) and it just shows up, or is interpreted as being caused by the squat bar.

Personally I find no problems from the bar, and have never used pads or anything, may be try a pussie pad and see if it helps.

Could be any number of issues, but again I would start looking at the simple things first up.

Who said that

Surely you have heard of high bar squats and low bar squats.

I have heard of them, but never really know what the difference is (apart form one being lower that the other I guess) or cared to be honest, I just put the bar where it feels comfortable and squat away, I am assuming it would be high bar, as it could not really go any higher than where I have it.

What did I miss??

So please explain where my squat form is wrong or where you have seen me squat incorrectly??

Obviously more lack of basic comprehension:rolleyes:

What did you miss?
You say you've been squatting the way you have been for 25 years.
and your best squat is 170kg

so yes.. you've been doing it wrong.

Obviously more lack of basic comprehension on how to squat.

What did you miss?

I see what you are trying to do, well let me know when you get to my age and see if you can still squat 170kg, chances are you will be like most other men my age and have trouble squatting body weight, or even bending down to clip your toe nails or tie your shoe laces:rolleyes:

By the way, can't seem to see a training dairy or anywhere where you have posted your recent 1RM lifts (all mine are as recent as 3 weeks ago).

So may be more lifting and less trying to engage in a battle of wits, but turning up unarmed:rolleyes:

What did you miss?

Really 170kg squat is considered bad or doing it wrong?

If you are not a PL who gives a shit how much someone squats

Really 170kg squat is considered bad or doing it wrong?

Big Mick said:
Not sure the bar sits anywhere near my traps, seems to be resting in the groove behind them, I think your bar position is wrong to be honest.

Bazza20 said:
High bar which is usually the common bar position for anyone but powerlifters in on the traps.

Big Mick said:
Well I must have been doing it wrong for the last 25 years

ME:

Pointing out that after 25 years of squatting your best is 170kg is that you've been doing it wrong.

If you are not a PL who gives a shit how much someone squats

He is doing Wendler 5,3,1 strength program. I would assume he is trying to get stronger.

High Road said:
How is your squat TTT? With your bad knee and all...
Can't improve it, but no worse than before.

Anyway, OP gets sore traps.
My suggestion was self massage by pushing them in to a loaded bar one by one.
Quick easy release..
Painful though.

So what's your best squat, how long have been squatting for? How did you hurt your knee?

Why don't you offer some advice instead acting all superior? Anyone can act like a dickhead on the interweb. Your quick to point out that going by numbers alone he is doing something wrong, anyone can pick a fault, what's your solution?

oh playing the age card now hey?
ok go on.. how old are you?

My exact age is probably none of anyones business, but lets say 50 is not very far off at all, and I am guessing from other posts here that your squat is probably not that great, like I said can't see a training dairy, would love to see what your best squat was in the last 3 or 4 weeks.:rolleyes: All my lifts in my signature are current lifts I can repeat today, not some imaginary best I might have done 10 years ago.

Been doing 5/3/1 for 3 months so far out of over 30 years of training with weights, so really don't consider myself a power lifter or strength athlete, if you must know, most of my squatting, in my younger years was done to supplement my chosen spot, and was mostly done in sets of 50 reps and up with lighter weights, low rep days used to be 5 sets of 20 reps, while high rep days would go as high as 500 reps in one session.

Like I said will be interesting to see how much you squat when you are nudging 50, odds on it will be a lot less that what I am doing now.

Why don't you offer some advice instead acting all superior?

I did. I suggested the self massage of trap against the bar to the OP. Only when big Mick decided to starting spurting shit that the guy must be squatting wrong as he has been doing it for 25 years I decided to point out that his way was not so great.

Anyway enough for me on this.

Mick, it's getting boring.

I'm sure you are a alright sort of bloke.

But why the constant need to try to prove yourself?
Peace bro.
Just enjoy the ride.

Mick, it's getting boring.

I'm sure you are a alright sort of bloke.

But why the constant need to try to prove yourself?
Peace bro.
Just enjoy the ride.

WTF??? Seriously did you read the tread?? All I suggested was that the guy check his bar position and technique before looking into more complicated things, next thing I am the one getting attacked because I apparently ONLY squat 170kg and since have no idea what I am talking about, and now it's somehow my fault?? And how is how much I squat even relevant?? So if the OP goes to the doctor and he suggests a solution to his problem, is the solution then considered wrong because the doctor only squats 80kg??

What the fuck is wrong with people on this forum:confused:

So how the fuck is any of this my fault. All I said was for the OP to check the basics like his form and bar position before getting too carried away, how the fuck is that bad advice because I only squat 170kg at fucking nearly 50 years of age for fucks sake, half the people my age have trouble picking up their fucking wallet once they drop it on the ground:cool:

I did. I suggested the self massage of trap against the bar to the OP.

I did that today and its fucking painful, like someone was trying to knife me in the neck and shit. Felt freer after applying tiger balm to it afterwards though so yeah. More on stretches and remedial work I suppose.

Personally I find no problems from the bar, and have never used pads or anything, may be try a pussie pad and see if it helps.

Lol I would prefer not to be seen with a pussie pad on my neck, never used one and never want to. The only pussie I want on my neck is when I am hitching a girl on my shoulder at a festival.. :eek:

The problem I am finding lately is that lifting weights regularly will cause tight spots all over the body, it's constant eduacation to find ways to release all that tension before it becomes too much of an issue.

half the people my age have trouble picking up their fucking wallet once they drop it on the ground:cool:

Just yesterday I was gawking at a young couple prolly in their late 20's trying to air squat in the park as I was working, with much difficulty I say, wobbly at the knees and falling over. I could not believe it. They must be desk jockeys.

I saw a guy with a massive pussy pad. Farken bar was rolling off. Lols were had. :banghead: