• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Dave

Hi all,

Anyone here using giant sets in there training? I've been working them into my training over the past 3 weeks and find them great for cutting down on workout time. Mainly as a way to get through accessory work after the compound lifts.

Any other opinions or experience with them? Would be interested to hear..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find they are great to throw into the workout every now and then, but as far as strength goes, it dont think it helps a great deal for building strength if used over a long period of time.

Works really well for my arms
I use the fat bar and do reverse curls, overhead extensions then overhead press

What are giant sets?

Giant sets is taking 3 or more exercises and doing one set of each without rest.

As an example I work lying tricep extensions x12 reps, leg curl x12 reps, dumbbell curls x11 reps into a single giant set without rest between each exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk