• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Currently considering removing my sinuses with a sharpened spoon.

I had my adenoids and tonsils removed in my early 20's. Good way to loose about 8kg in a week. Couldn't hardly swallow for a week.
Still cant breath thru my nose. Everyone thinks I have a cold all the time.

I know this is a long time ago, but panadol/parcetamol won't do anything for allergies. You need an anti histamine. Like most have said, Telfast, Clarintyne, Zyertec or the chemist's own brand of the same stuff.

sorry i get to read this only now. yeah i stopped panadol. I tried zyrtec and works fine,I can take it with or without food.I found using an air purifier is great too. The problem is when i go to other gym,public gym at that some doesn't use one, so usually after i work out i keep on sneezing and got an itchy eye i'm suspecting i'm getting it with a lot of people around me.

Started daily regimen of nose spraying Rhinocort up each nostril when I get out of bed as per my doc's suggestion, it seems to have prevented hayfever attacks which normally start at this time of the year for me. Fingers and nose crossed that it continues to work!

I'm a chronic sufferer of hay fever and other allergies. I've taken to a salt water flush every few days, and a Zyrtec every day.

Beconase spray.

I was put onto this stuff many years ago, by a very enlightened doctor at my university, when it (or rather, other brand-names containing the same active ingredient, beclamethasone) was a prescription-only asthma medication. You had to get a special adapter so you could spray it up your nose, rather than breath it into your lungs. AND, after I left the university, it was dificult to find a doctor that would 'pretend' that you were an asthmatic, and prescribe this stuff for you, or a doctor that you could make believe you were an asthmatic.

Works pretty well as a hay-fever preventative. No side effects.

Anyway, about ten years ago, the TGA made this an over-the-counter chemist medication for hay fever. The brand I use is "Beconase" - there may be others.

This is the only case that I know of when the TGA has actually lightened up, and made the world a better place, by reducing the restriction on medication.

Rhinocort has Budesonide... same class/effectiveness as beclamethasone?

Well the TGA hasn't lightened up really, it's just that the ingredients to these squirters don't make you high, no matter the dose it seems, so hardly any risk of rec abuse lol

Yes, they are both like some sort of cortisone.

Another brand is Fleconase (the chemical is fluticasone). IMO, you get better value for money from Beconase than Felconase - although the chemist might try to persuade you that Fleconase is 'better', I think it's just better for their profit line.

I think I've tried Rhinocort in the past, but I can't remember why I eventually settled on Beconase instead.

No, the TGA hasn't lightened up - the "legalization" of these corticosteroids for hay fever was an aberation. Whoever did this has undoubtedly been sacked.
They've more than made up for that little bit of good by effectively criminalizing Sudafed (which was brilliant at stopping the snot and sneezes), replacing it with the (for me) utterly ineffective phenylephedrine, and also making the old kind of antihistamines like Polaramine very difficult to get. Yes, they knock you out, but they do the job on the allergy. For me, the 'non-drowsy' modern antihistamines kind of sometimes do the job, and make me really tired THE NEXT DAY.

Back in the day, if the hay fever got me, a sudafed plus an aspirin with codeine would fix me up pretty well. Can't get them now either.

Last edited:
Wow just reminded me about Polaramine. A top night's sleep + no hayfever next day = perfect combo!

Brb gonna smurf up on that shit.