• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is it a blender or juicer in juicing fruits?

kobe

Part of my diet is juicing fruits and vegetables. I use a slow juicer ( LifesSring )
is it also okay to use a blender? i also have one (Blendtec)

Use whatever you have. A blender though will leave lumps where as a juicer will not (a good one anyway)

apparently the auger type keeps more enzymes which is generally what people are looking for when the juice. The blender type not as much but still ok. Not too sure if science or pseudoscience.

Not sure what ours is, blender or juicer it's called a "vitamix".
Easy as, throw shit into it, hit button, drink. Even a dumb kunce like me can use it.

I have both. When I blend I do a few pulses till the biggest chunks disappear. Its just how I like it.
The juicer is too messy and hard to clean

Is this a troll???

They are two completely different applieances with different names, the names tell you what it does.

One is a JUICER....so it juices stuff ie extracts the juice out of what ever you put into it.

The other is a BLENDER.....so it blends stuff, ie gets the whole thing and mushes it up.

So if you want to JUICE stuff, use the Juicer, if you wnat to BLEND stuff use the Blender. Pretty basic stuff really.

Use whatever you have. A blender though will leave lumps where as a juicer will not (a good one anyway)

We have a cheap arse $12 blender from Crazy Clarkes or similar and does not leave a single lump, blends what ever you put into it into a smooth lump free blend.

Blender would be my pick over a juicer, Albeit different outcome, Keeping the fiber and pulp intact is good.

Then again, my mate uses a juicer most days, Will save the pulp and make a bread out of it.

Blender would be my pick over a juicer, Albeit different outcome, Keeping the fiber and pulp intact is good.

Then again, my mate uses a juicer most days, Will save the pulp and make a bread out of it.

good idea huh bread out of pulp? how was it? blender is a high speed though to compare with slow juicers..

Is this a troll???

They are two completely different applieances with different names, the names tell you what it does.

One is a JUICER....so it juices stuff ie extracts the juice out of what ever you put into it.

The other is a BLENDER.....so it blends stuff, ie gets the whole thing and mushes it up.

So if you want to JUICE stuff, use the Juicer, if you wnat to BLEND stuff use the Blender. Pretty basic stuff really.

Well, not a lot of people know what you know, let's accept it, a lot uses blender for juicing so its better to discuss what's the difference, not just in the name :)

apparently the auger type keeps more enzymes which is generally what people are looking for when the juice. The blender type not as much but still ok. Not too sure if science or pseudoscience.

nutrients intact in juicer and blender just blends whatever ingredient you have.

is there any science to greater enzyme totals for auger v centrifugal

Could not imagine it makes any difference, as it depends on what you put into it, the juicer will remove a lot of the fibre/solid parts as they stay behind in the juicer, the blender will have everything in there as its just the whole thing blended up.

Could not imagine it makes any difference, as it depends on what you put into it, the juicer will remove a lot of the fibre/solid parts as they stay behind in the juicer, the blender will have everything in there as its just the whole thing blended up.

shit Mick, we're in agreeance. :eek:

I never juice, only blend.

We had a juicer, got rid of it, too many parts to clean and too messy. The blender takes 10 seconds to clean after use and costs stiff all to buy.

is there any science to greater enzyme totals for auger v centrifugal

This what I read :)

Difference of Masticating and Centrifugal Juicer

A single gear motor or auger is utilized in masticating juicer so it means slower operation. It squeezes and grinds fruits and vegetables placed in a chute and because of this, plant fibers are being retained. The auger acts like a screw or drill bit that cuts the items into smaller sections. When the auger turns, it crushes the fruits and is squeezed against the wall of the juicer.

A spinning blade is utilized in centrifugal method. The blade is similar to a grated basket and so the operation is a little bit faster. It grinds fruits and vegetables quickly, while the pulp is discarded in a different receptacle, usually an external filter. The filter catches the small bits and allows gravity to spin out the juice.

The Advantage

The filter of the masticating juice is found in the sides of the wall and forces out the juice. The slow spinning process does not heat up the juice thereby keeping the nutrients and enzymes at an exact temperature for it to survive. You will then be drinking quite a nutritious juice. The pulp that comes out is very dry which only means that you get more juice from the process. A masticating juicer can juice even from difficult produce.

A centrifugal juicer spins so fast, as compared to masticating juicer. The grinding blade is able to chop and grind fruits and vegetables as they are pushed to the machine. The smaller portions of these items are thrown outward into a filter. The filter is mesh type and is usually made from durable metals. This is one household equipment that is quite affordable so that more people can start juicing inexpensively.

This what I read :)

Difference of Masticating and Centrifugal Juicer

A single gear motor or auger is utilized in masticating juicer so it means slower operation. It squeezes and grinds fruits and vegetables placed in a chute and because of this, plant fibers are being retained. The auger acts like a screw or drill bit that cuts the items into smaller sections. When the auger turns, it crushes the fruits and is squeezed against the wall of the juicer.

A spinning blade is utilized in centrifugal method. The blade is similar to a grated basket and so the operation is a little bit faster. It grinds fruits and vegetables quickly, while the pulp is discarded in a different receptacle, usually an external filter. The filter catches the small bits and allows gravity to spin out the juice.

The Advantage

The filter of the masticating juice is found in the sides of the wall and forces out the juice. The slow spinning process does not heat up the juice thereby keeping the nutrients and enzymes at an exact temperature for it to survive. You will then be drinking quite a nutritious juice. The pulp that comes out is very dry which only means that you get more juice from the process. A masticating juicer can juice even from difficult produce.

A centrifugal juicer spins so fast, as compared to masticating juicer. The grinding blade is able to chop and grind fruits and vegetables as they are pushed to the machine. The smaller portions of these items are thrown outward into a filter. The filter is mesh type and is usually made from durable metals. This is one household equipment that is quite affordable so that more people can start juicing inexpensively.

Well there you go. :)