• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Box squats with no box?

What kind of benches does your gym have? I used to do box squats with my gym's bench all the time, they come up to just below parallel which was perfect for my squat depth.

Dunno what brand they are but i would have to go pretty deep and it was
My understanding box squats should be to perfectly parralel?

How low are your benches? Normally you will find that most benches are just parrel. You either have very very low benches for your simply not squatting to parrel.

How low are your benches? Normally you will find that most benches are just parrel.

at your 5'11" maybe.. but the guy is 6'3".. I'd say that the limb proportions between the 2 of you are very different.

Where your arse would touch a standard comp height bench at parallel, he would be an inch or 2 below when his arse touches.

[MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION];

Do you want to do "box-squats" to measure ?
Or, as an "exercise"?

Some people I've known (if the bench is too low) place a type of cushion on the bench.
One bloke made a box with a type of foam pad on top.