• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How are you suppose to be in and out of the gym in 30 mins if your first exercise is 3 sets of 4-6 on squats. For anyone squatting a decent amount, it will take nearly that long to get to working sets.

How are you suppose to be in and out of the gym in 30 mins if your first exercise is 3 sets of 4-6 on squats. For anyone squatting a decent amount, it will take nearly that long to get to working sets.

Workouts like legs and back I feel do take slightly longer - prob about 45mins for legs - to warm up/squat 3 x 4-6 prob be about 20-25 mins and then the rest 20-25 mins.

Workouts like legs and back I feel do take slightly longer - prob about 45mins for legs - to warm up/squat 3 x 4-6 prob be about 20-25 mins and then the rest 20-25 mins.

Do you think Max OT is all that good for skinny people? I sort of need to put on size, im ~97kg but 194cm, 85kg LBM (dexa).

Tossing up between this and a modified 5/3/1 for the new year (with bench/chins twice a week)

I thought high volume stuff was best for them, volume = mass. I've heard good trainers allude to volume being better for size.

With the correct attitude and intensity a skinny kunt can put on size with a crappy program let alone Max OT.

Will give this a go. Had good response from madcow for strength. This routine looks good for mass. Trying to get to 110kg... 107kg at the mo but every time i blast for mass .... Look out gut..This program may belp metabalism churn a little longer. Thanks

Found the handbook floating round the net tonight... going to give it a read and run it for a cycle and see how I go along with adding some light cardio (walking etc) in

I thought high volume stuff was best for them, volume = mass. I've heard good trainers allude to volume being better for size.

What do you consider high volume Joe?

I think the last thing a skinny bastard needs is a lot of volume.
Also, intensity of work + food = mass

I think as long as you fatigued the muscle for regrowth and repair, any program will be sufficient. As a post above, its the intensity that matters!

What do you consider high volume Joe?

I think the last thing a skinny bastard needs is a lot of volume.
Also, intensity of work + food = mass

Something like PPP, where you do 4 working sets then anywhere from 10-15 additional "accessory" sets (of around 8-12 reps) for the lift. I may have been going a bit overboard, but when I did it I did around 5 sets of bench + 10-15 'accessory' sets (including 5 sets of overhead press) every 4 days.

I'm looking forward to giving MAX OT a run for a few months, I guess I'll just see how I go. I've never done anything really like it so I think with 2:30 set breaks and going really hard it will work.

By the way what's intensity? Just going balls to the wall, red face, bulging eyes, silence (even though someone is screaming) etc?

Is it important to vary the exercises a lot?

Today I just did 4 sets of bench + 2 sets of dumbell incline for chest.

Tomorrow I'll probably do chins, wide grip chins and dumbell rows (no machines, train at home, and cant seem to do barbell rows without pain)

Is it bad if I only got 3 reps in my first set? I dropped the weight accordingly, but counted the set. My chest doesn't feel sore or anything after today, hope 1 week isn't too long to leave it, seems like a long time for so few reps.

Last edited:
Is it important to vary the exercises a lot?

Today I just did 4 sets of bench + 2 sets of dumbell incline for chest.

Tomorrow I'll probably do chins, wide grip chins and dumbell rows (no machines, train at home, and cant seem to do barbell rows without pain)

Is it bad if I only got 3 reps in my first set? I dropped the weight accordingly, but counted the set. My chest doesn't feel sore or anything after today, hope 1 week isn't too long to leave it, seems like a long time for so few reps.

Max-ot you have a set plan for 8-10 weeks - I do not change the exercises until my next plan.

Was the 3 reps in your 1st set i.e even warm up set? - if you only get 3 then decrease the weight and do another 2 sets of 4-6.

Looking at giving this a crack from next week for a cycle and see how it goes...

Hoping to lose some fat... Fat Kunce checking in and be stronger!