Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Carb Cycling

  1. #21
    I have Ep1c Calendar kunce

    Array
    Rugby88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try and keep things simple as possible at the start and once you learn how your body reacts - I now know I can go a good 5-6 days on ultra low carb and then carb up within a few hours on a Saturday morning.

    You may find you need to have a carb up every 3 days - or extend your carb up to include all of saturday + sunday morning etc....

    To be honest what I would do is try and keep carbs low, fat high and protein high Mon-Friday and then carb up on Saturday (dont go crazy) and then maybe some carbs sunday morning for breakfast then back on low carb.





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #22
    Elite Member BrisVegasGhost has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    BrisVegasGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How long do you guys normally run your carb cycles.
    Would you run it for say 6 weeks or until you are happy with the way your looking?
    And how has your fat loss been on average per week?
    Cheers


  • #23
    I have Ep1c Calendar kunce

    Array
    Rugby88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegasGhost View Post
    How long do you guys normally run your carb cycles.
    Would you run it for say 6 weeks or until you are happy with the way your looking?
    And how has your fat loss been on average per week?
    Cheers
    Last time I really focused in and was dieting hard - I prob ran it for maybe 12-14 weeks - I went from 105kg to at my lowest around 91kgs but normally sat around 94-95kg - best I have ever ever ever looked....


  • #24
    Elite Member BrisVegasGhost has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    BrisVegasGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did u feel flat and deflated when you first started? Or are you getting your energy from your fats to keep u going?
    Also after your carb load up day did you gain much weight and did your muscles look fuller?
    I was reading on here somewhere that every gram of carbs you have you will hold 4 grams of water?
    So if this is true you will hold a bit more weight around your high carb days?


  • #25
    Registered Rustler

    Array
    0ni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    11,391
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you're getting good results then changing your diet would be illogical
    Kick it off with a 2-3 week keto run, personally. This allows your body to get adapted to no carbs. Your body will stop producing many of the enzymes needed to break down carbs by then and your brain will be used to running on ketones

    You'll feel flat at first, your body will be burning glycogen for fuel until you're keto adapted. I stay pretty full through the week unless I extend my keto run. Ephedrine makes me flat though, so I try to limit it

    You'll weight more after a carb-up yeah. The trick is to eat enough carbs to refill glycogen but not so much that "the cup runneth over". This takes a lot of trial and error really. I find limiting my carb intake to 3 hours helps with this. It's simply not enough time to do a lot of damage unless you're doing really dumb shit. So obviously, save the bucket of ice cream until you're leaner and cut out sugars. I look my best 36-48 hours after a carb up
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by spartacus Hidden Content
    There are no absolute world records anymore



  • #26
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,708
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegasGhost View Post
    How long do you guys normally run your carb cycles.
    Would you run it for say 6 weeks or until you are happy with the way your looking?
    And how has your fat loss been on average per week?
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegasGhost View Post
    Did u feel flat and deflated when you first started? Or are you getting your energy from your fats to keep u going?
    Also after your carb load up day did you gain much weight and did your muscles look fuller?
    I was reading on here somewhere that every gram of carbs you have you will hold 4 grams of water?
    So if this is true you will hold a bit more weight around your high carb days?
    Again I would read Carb Nite explains it in simple language and easy to read. Also gives you almost of stuff to eat and not eat and exactly how to time your carb intake , whole book can be read in one evening of you are a good reader.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #27
    Elite Member BrisVegasGhost has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    BrisVegasGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I have kept my carbs pretty low this week, well lower then normal anyhow.
    My low days were around 50 grams and my higher days have been around 150 to 180grams.
    I have been doing 2 low and one high and kept my fats higher on the low days. Chicken drumsticks with the skin on are my fav now!
    So from about 6 weeks ago since I cut out sugars and booze I am down 2 kg, my belt notch has gone in x2

    My strength hasn't gone down, up a little if anything and more definition is starting to show and I don't have the stomach bloat as much
    Last edited by BrisVegasGhost; 14-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.


  • #28
    Registered Rustler

    Array
    0ni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    11,391
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice work bro, that's amazing progress
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by spartacus Hidden Content
    There are no absolute world records anymore



  • #29
    I have Ep1c Calendar kunce

    Array
    Rugby88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegasGhost View Post
    Well I have kept my carbs pretty low this week, well lower then normal anyhow.
    My low days were around 50 grams and my higher days have been around 150 to 180grams.
    I have been doing 2 low and one high and kept my fats higher on the low days. Chicken drumsticks with the skin on are my fav now!
    So from about 6 weeks ago since I cut out sugars and booze I am down 2 kg, my belt notch has gone in x2

    My strength hasn't gone down, up a little if anything and more definition is starting to show and I don't have the stomach bloat as much
    Good stuff mate!


  • #30
    Elite Member BrisVegasGhost has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    BrisVegasGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My carb cycling is going reasonably well.

    My waist has really shrunk and a bit of size has come off my legs. My chest shoulders area look full still but they are more defined.

    I will keep this up for another 3 weeks then I am having a mega pizza blow out with a few wild turkeys! gobble gobble


  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •