• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold vs. Ronnie Side By Side Measurement Comparison

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Arnold vs. Ronnie Side By Side Measurement Comparison
Bodybuilder+303608_370708666328627_1726993201_n.jpg

33 inch waist on The Austrian Oak as opposed to Big Ronnie's 38 - the power of nature's lifting belt the Vacuum?

(Or GH gut on Ronnie?) :D

Arnies legs are far too small for his upper body, he'd get laughed off the stage looking like that these days.
Like newbies who don't train legs coz it's too much hard work. Looks like Arnie suffered that disease.

Arnies legs are far too small for his upper body, he'd get laughed off the stage looking like that these days.
Like newbies who don't train legs coz it's too much hard work. Looks like Arnie suffered that disease.

Each to their own Shrekky however, I don't think his legs are too small for his body but rather that today's pros legs are far too large
Frankly, I think it looks ridiculous and out of proportion

Last edited:
Another thing, today's pros have no idea how to pose
Look at Arnie there, knows how to hit a pose naturally and with ease while Ronnie looks awkward like he's trying to suppress a fart

I think the "mass-monster" look of the 90's early 2000's has now gone again and its more about shape V overall size - Ronnie at 100% though is still prob the best bodybuilder ever.

They need those big legs to match their upper bodies, Arnies legs didn't so he is out of proportion.

And yet Arnie looks way better

Agree 100%

Each to their own Shrekky however, I don't think his legs are too small for his body but rather that today's pros legs are far too large
Frankly, I think it looks ridiculous and out of proportion

Strangely also agree 100%

In my opinion Arnie looks way better.

Agree with Darkoz, today's pros look ridiculous.

Yep.

They need those big legs to match their upper bodies, Arnies legs didn't so he is out of proportion.

Strange comment, Arnold is/was known for his perfect proportions, and is considered to most perfectly proportioned body builder in history, those huge legs on todays body builders is what is out of proportion, it's size over proportion for these guys.

The classic body builder style is supposed to have slender muscular legs not large ugly lumps of legs that look like they are awkward to even walk with.

Another thing, today's pros have no idea how to pose
Look at Arnie there, knows how to hit a pose naturally and with ease while Ronnie looks awkward like he's trying to suppress a fart

This.. look at how dignified and powerful Arnie looks in that pic, then check out Ronnie's cheesy grin and you can understand why some people think his pics are photoshopped.

LOL. Arnie looked good for the time, but in reality his legs are way too small for his quite large upper body.

It's not a strange comment it's fact. Look at his legs.

Well according to the time his legs were in perfect proportion to his body.

Personally I would hate to look like a pro body builder these days, not that it would ever happen without gallons of gear anyway so no concerns there.

Personally I prefer the look of the body builders before gear, here is an interesting article about proportion, with some intersting theories and calculators that some might find handy.

Bodybuilding.com - Know Your Measurements For Bodybuilding Success