• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Your worst exercises, the ones that give you grief, or you recieve nothing at all from them.

Chest
Back (upper)
Back (lower)
Shoulders
Thighs (quad)
Thighs (ham's)
Biceps
Triceps

can't think of many exercises i find useless, although I don't do too much isolation movements.

find most exercises have some use, depending on state of mind and degree of intensity i want to apply to training, or injury state.

For example, i dont like tricep extensions on machine much, but do them now as easy and suitable to my current injury state.

Wide grip bench: kills my shoulders

Squats: fucks my knees

Bent over rows: ends up just being some weird hump the bar half row.

Close grip chins: elbow tendonitis.

GHR: never got anything out of it.

Back (lower) - Back Extensions, always fucks my back.
Thighs - Lunges, seems to loosen my knee joint - srs.

very subjective, i love lunges and hyperextensions.

Only problem now is that my knee is not right when i do lunges now after serious stress fracture on lateral condyle.

Chest- flys...never feel right on my shoulders
Back (upper)- bent rows
Back (lower)- high rep squats lol
Shoulders- behind the neck press and lateral raises, just don't feel right on my shoulders either
Thighs (quad)- squats
Thighs (ham's)- hamstring curls
Biceps- barbell curls, even with ezy bar they feel strange, prefer DB's
Triceps- Bench dips, just why would you?

Chest - the terrible pec dec machine at fitness first just pulls at the shoulder joint
Back (upper) - wide pulldowns.. i don't bother with them since starting pullups
Back (lower) - I guess stiff deads (as I can't do them).. hypers feel great on my lower back, love them
Shoulders seated barbell press in the standard set up at most gyms where you have to unrack it from a distance behind your shoulders
Thighs (quad) leg press with 2 legs just doesn't work for me
Thighs (ham's) seated leg curls just aren't worth the effort
Biceps preacher curls just don't feel right
Triceps skull crushers just annihilates my elbows

I never got much out of dumbell flyes but a lot of people rate them, I might give them a go again.

Chest - Heavy flies
Back (upper) - seated cable row
Back (lower) - good mornings
Shoulders - any sort of raise
Thighs (quad) - extensions
Thighs (ham's) - seated curls
Biceps - hercules curls
Triceps - kickbacks

Your worst exercises, the ones that give you grief, or you recieve nothing at all from them.

Chest
Back (upper)
Back (lower)
Shoulders
Thighs (quad)
Thighs (ham's)
Biceps
Triceps

never had much success with the exercises listed below, maybe due to the way I perform I have no idea.

Shoulders - Laterial raises
Triceps - throwbacks
quads - leg extensions

never had much success with the exercises listed below, maybe due to the way I perform I have no idea.

Shoulders - Laterial raises
Triceps - throwbacks
quads - leg extensions

It doesn't matter, as long as you are getting the results you require through other methods.

We all have some physical anomaly to some degree or another.
What puzzles me is you see nimrods blindly follow some method, because some rock star did it.

They praise the course they currently follow and whinge and moan about the one they did.

It doesn't matter, as long as you are getting the results you require through other methods.

We all have some physical anomaly to some degree or another.
What puzzles me is you see nimrods blindly follow some method, because some rock star did it.

They praise the course they currently follow and whinge and moan about the one they did.

Yep. You see it early on in people's training life. They idolize a lifter. This way is the one way. Everything else fucking sucks.

Later on most realize there are many different ways to get the job done.

Yep. You see it early on in people's training life. They idolize a lifter. This way is the one way. Everything else fucking sucks.

Later on most realize there are many different ways to get the job done.

That's another way to put it.

But not only just exclusive to beginners.

The worst exercises are the ones where you have a time limit :( Never allows you to really push yourself really hard