• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

slash

Now im relatively inexperianced compared to the majority on there when it comes to the gym.
What I see a lot in my gym is people that do 4 or 5 different exercises for the same body part. Like 4 different variations of cable curls.
I see this as pointless but then again I have little experience
Is there any point in doing this or what are the benefits compared to only 1 or 2 exercises?

Well maybe not completely pointless per se, but not required at a beginner stage of training.

Tim.

High vol body part split routines, I like em, but don't tell anyone on here or they'll boo me off the site. :p

Depends whether you want to enjoy doing what is comfortable and staying in comfort zone, or going for progression and results.

Aslong as your training towards your goal, you train with intensity, you leave nothing left in the tank each session and your eating well - you will have results.

Have your core workout that is focused around your goal and then branch off and do some other shit if you want to.

I certainly wouldn't say it is pointless, a single body part er day routine is used by many bodybuilders around the world for a very long time and they gets results, for a beginner I would say their are better routines, but it is just another way of training towards a goal.

Doing 4 variations of isolation exercises for a beginner is better than not lifting at all. There are more efficient ways to get bigger and stronger for a beginner however.

nothing wrong with bb style, a few body parts per day and twice per week; or focus on compound movements.

Do what you enjoy, either will work if appropriate intensity, nutrition and recovery is also evident.

Many of the strongest raw benchers do this
Including Jennifer Thompson and Dana Lynn Bailey

They are also fucking jacked, despite being female and 130lb

Now im relatively inexperianced compared to the majority on there when it comes to the gym.
What I see a lot in my gym is people that do 4 or 5 different exercises for the same body part. Like 4 different variations of cable curls.
I see this as pointless but then again I have little experience
Is there any point in doing this or what are the benefits compared to only 1 or 2 exercises?
You need to do whatever it takes to develop durable behaviour. If you can sustain 10 exercises per bodypart for the rest of your life, then so be it.

I have enjoyed doing the same compound movements for over thirty years. I find it a more efficient use of my resources. Your resources are time, nutrition and recovery. Match your intensity to these resources. For most mortals a ten exercise arm day is going to stretch those resources. If you keep running the resources into deficit, the behaviour is unlikely to be sustainable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk